Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Humax 9200T PVR hard disk advice please?
  • munkster
    Free Member

It's a good few years old now and I reckon the HDD is on its way out. I've managed to do a "format" but the box is still requiring around 2 minutes between keypresses which is clearly pesky.

Couple of options:

1) Buy a new HDD – any recommendations? I believe that you need to have a specific type ideally that is quieter or something?

2) I could stick in one of the four HDDs I have on the shelf upstairs and see what happens. They will all be formatted for a PC so don't know if that's a Bad Thing…

Any thoughts? Advice??

ton

buy a new foxsat pvr from me £209+ vat.

munkster
    Free Member

That'll be option 3) then, which is, I'm afraid, significantly more expensive than 1) or 2) 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

Just lob in one of your matching-type drives and see how you get on with it. While you're in there clean the heatsinks and fan while touching the case at all times (static protection).

cranberry
    Free Member

Everything you ever wanted to know about Humax PVRs and a bit more

I *think* that you can just put another disk in – cost/benefit wise I would get a 500 Gb IDE disk and throw that in – it'll be a nice, new fresh drive and it will give you a significant increase in capacity.

munkster
    Free Member

YGM ton

Just tried putting in a spare HDD and it was behaving in the same way as before so am deducing it's not the HDD. Hence consideration of option 3) 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Humax 9200T PVR hard disk advice please?’ is closed to new replies.