Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Hugh Fearnley feeds trumpton.
  • brack
    Free Member

On TV now. Is it just me that is thinking that we may be witnessing where all our bloody public sector money is being wasted?Look at that building and the flash kitchen.

Jeez do they really need such luxury?

iDave
    Free Member

it was nice of channel 4 to buy river cottage for him

brack
    Free Member

;@) yeah gorgeous house that!

Still reeling from the fire service building …and that kitchen, I’m sure most of us that work in the NHS would to be able to grab a bite of a sandwich during our shifts let alone 3 sodding cooked meals!!

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

It’s a purpose-built building, not really much more than a warehouse with offices, that’s only a few years old built out of town to give them access to the major roads linking the area they cover. What would you prefer they use – a decrepit old building with knackered facilities that’s in a location that adds a lot of extra time to their callout?!

iDave
    Free Member

yes I know dave, i find it amusing that many people think this local hero type chef invites TV cameras to his ‘cottage’ in the country

firestarter
    Free Member

Didn’t see the show but our station is a right hole but what’s your problem , jealous? I’ve seen really nice nhs buildings but I don’t judge the whole nhs on that.

Still reeling

**** bulbend

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i’ve never been a big Hugh Fearnley eats it all fan until this series, i’m starting to warm to him

bruneep

Is it just me that is thinking that we may be witnessing where all our bloody public sector money is being wasted?

Yup!

Do you really think the public sector implosion was due to the building of Poole fire station. 🙄

Lummox

We’ve got two microwaves and two toasters in our station for a watch of 11!
    Our kitchen fits 3 in max, we have no cook ( despite everyone thinking Maggie still makes us lovely yum yums 3 times a day) we can be called out during any meal break as were always on immediate turnout. Still I reckon all you office sorts need something to chat about around the coffee machine, on your fag breaks or in the canteen.

Hmmmpf

Bitten!

I’ve also just noticed your an ecp brack and would expect you to of had a slightly less confused view of what happens in stations, or perhaps unlike our local ambulance crews you don’t get invited onto those stations? All on the same side here buddy, no time for inter service gripes!

judderman
    Free Member

Didn’t see the program, but judging by the reaction it seems that there was a ‘flash kitchen’ in a fire station?
    These are the guys that free people like us from trapped cars in RTA’s, run into burning buildings while everyone one else is running out of them, rescue old people trapped by floods & have to deal with the carange of events such as the July bombings in London a few years back!
    FFS stop your jealous whinging!

rewski
    Free Member

Your deluded if you think fireman live in luxury, what you saw was a modern, well designed and functional building, one of the first I’ve ever seen, most stations aren’t like that. Overall a bit of a cheap shot.

As far as Hugh Fearnley is concerned, what you see is what you get, honest grub, the veggies dishes looked awesome. At least he’s not salivating and dribbling cream into his mouth to a backing track of groove armarda, whilst the camera pulls in and out of focus, false tosh.

firestarter
    Free Member

Our cook was replaced by a microwave years ago 🙁

Bazz

I was going to write something about how new fire stations in London only get a microwave and a George Foreman grill and how stations are manned 24 hours a day 7 days a week with no guarantees of breaks for meals and how we can’t just pop out for a sandwich etc. but those that want to distract from the real problems of this country and it’s financial burden will always take a pop at the public sector, until they really need the services anyway. 🙄

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

firestarter – Member

Our cook was replaced by a microwave years ago
    To be fair to the lads at Poole, they do have to cook their own stuff, they just had a new building with an oven & hotplates to do it with.

firestarter
    Free Member

dave_rudabar – Member

firestarter – Member

Our cook was replaced by a microwave years ago

To be fair to the lads at Poole, they do have to cook their own stuff, they just had a new building with an oven & hotplates to do it with.

the complete barrrstads hang em all 👿

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Hugh Fearnley feeds trumpton.’ is closed to new replies.