Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Huey Morgan on 6 Music for Lauren
  • Stoner
    Free Member

bloody brilliant.

How cool can one cat be?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

He is the King of Cool.

Dad’s band supported his at a gig down here a few years ago!

Stoner
    Free Member

“Have a great weekend, and remember, stay classy”.

I will Huey, I will. 8)

jam-bo

does a good show on sundays.

craig charles is pretty good too. good live as well.

freddyg
    Free Member

I’ve been listening to him over the last few weeks, his show is great – I feel cooler by association 8)

binners

Huey is unfeasibly cool. I remember when he always used to rock up, uninvited at Jo Willie’s show. He was brilliant then! He’s even better now

Stay classy!

Kevevs
    Free Member

Yeah, I like his show. it’s got a good vibe. Lauren Laverne gets on my moobs for some reason though.

warton
    Free Member

Sunday is a great day for 6 music. Him, jarvis, cerys(sp?) mathews.

saturday nights Craig Charles show is the best thing on the radio

Stoner
    Free Member

also really enjoy catching Jamie Cullum doing his jazz thing on R2 on tuesday nights.

M6TTF
    Free Member

great show, far better than droning laverne, although he’s not quite as ‘gangsta cool’ as he makes out these days. Wish he’d carry on all afternoon instead of that brainless nemone!

emsz
    Free Member

Lauren is lush. Love her show. But Huey is horizontally cool

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Did he get that line from Ron Burgundy, or did Ron get it from him?

atlaz
    Free Member

You say he’s cool but how cool can someone who presents ”Liza & Huey’s Pet Nation” with Liza Tarbuck actually be.

Houns

He is cool and far more listenable than that irritating bint Laverne

Hopefully there may be some cool news involving the Craig Charles Funk show and a certain bike race *crosses fingers*

kevin1911

Sorry to go against the grain here, but I find him to be a bit annoying. Sounds like a middle-aged white man trying to pretend he’s cool and down with the young streetwise dudes on the corner. Would be funny if it was a parody, but it’s not. He does play some quality tunes though, which just about makes up for some of the rubbish he plays.

Bring back Lauren, I say!

roper
    Free Member

I’ve stopped listening while he has been on.
    He is predictable but has nothing to say about anything.
    About as cool as the Fonze babbling shite while comming round from general anaesthetic.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I like him, and I like the music he plays (on Sundays anyway, haven’t heard him in the week much yet) – but he is not nearly as cool as he thinks he is, and he does tend to blather and babble a bit. Think he would be better if he was working with another more polished presenter to do the heavy lifting

Lauren L is cool though

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tbh Stoner, I didn’t think you were cool enough to listen to 6music. But, you’ve gone up (don’t be getting excited now) just a little in my estimation. 8)

Huey’s cool on the radio…but you’re only just realising now? He’s been doing Sundays for ages 🙂

Blower
    Free Member

Cool or not,he’s very good enjoy listening to radio6 in the mornings now with him on after that prat goerge lamb who rambled on and kenw nothing whatsoever about music./huey however plays some good music indeed and pretty much non stop music which i wanna hear,just the playlist on 6music whis is utter drivel.
    Far better than silly Laverne and nemone.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What is this Radio 6 of which the uncool people talk? 8)

Stoner
    Free Member

I dont really listen to the radio at the weekend.

I have it on sometimes on the computer while im working and decided on 6music today instead of Ken Bruce 😉

RepacK
    Free Member

Huey is very cool – superb & eclectic playlist too.

Lauren Laverne just strikes me as being a bit of a Jo Whiley wannabe, some kind of student groupie which is good if thats your thing..

yunki
    Free Member

Sounds like a middle-aged white man trying to pretend he’s cool and down with the young streetwise dudes on the corner.

I’m going to guess that you have never been a young streetwise dude on the corner..
    Huey Morgan most certainly has..

I think maybe that is why he conjures up a certain aura.. which unfortunately is then filtered by you until it approximates something that you yourself can relate to..

So your post maybe says a lot more about you than it does him.. while at the same time managing to be quite racist..

I think he’s well boring on radio and that he’s selling himself short working for the bbc and I really can’t be doing with bbc playlists..

MussEd
    Free Member

He’s getting on my tits now, same old shtick all the time. Everytime he plays that I Am Kloot song “fingerprints”(once a day) he makes a lame crack about not leaving any “cos I wear Latex” and everytime it’s coming up to news time he says “gonna take care of some business now, here’s XXXX with the nuuus at Twelve Thirtaaaaaayyyy”

Cerys was much better maternity cover.

brick
    Free Member

Marc Riley is the coolest thing on 6Music.
    Richard Bacon is the worst. They need to remove him asap, he is toilet.

Raindog
    Free Member

I’d like to love Huey’s show but I’m with MussEd – he’s plastic cool I’m afraid. I’m a fan of Cerys and Lauren too, but the sooner Bacon effs off the better. He is utter, utter rubbish, and seems to run completely against the 6Music grain.

billybob
    Free Member

Cery’s plays too much country.

She has got quite a sexy accent tho when she talks, I can’t stand her singing voice tho!

CountZero

Lauren Laverne just strikes me as being a bit of a Jo Whiley wannabe, some kind of student groupie which is good if thats your thing.

That’ll be the Lauren Lavern who had chart singles when she was still doing her A Levels, along with the rest of Kenikie, back when chart singles actually meant something. I saw Kenikie several times, and they were one of the most fun live bands I’ve ever seen, in over thirty years of gig going, and LaLa is naturally far funnier than some of the so-called ‘comedians’ touring the circuit these days. Christ, she’s a Thirty something mother of two, she’s already done the student thing. Up there with Mark and Lard for best radio presenter as far as I’m concerned.

PrinceJohn

Up there with Mark and Lard for best radio presenter as far as I’m concerned

+1

Would be cool if when she comes back from maternity leave huey could replace nemoan

RepacK
    Free Member

Up there with Mark and Lard for best radio presenter as far as I’m concerned.

Your avin a giraffe surely there? All she does is yap on like some kind of badly trained toy dachurpoodle!

Mark & Lard were funny – LL aint unless you work in a morgue with a load of dead bodies..

ps Whiley kept up the student groupie thing for yrs in fact I would say it was her trademark style. Now she’s more of a GILF though I reckon (hasten to add not my scene – GILF’s)

kevin1911

Yunki, I’m not going to rise to your bait. My post was meant in jest. You know nothing about me so don’t dare to psycho analyse me on the basis of one post. As for being racist, you really couldn’t be further from the truth.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Cerys was much better maternity cover.

arrrghhh! I’d rather cut my balls off and stuff em in my ears than listen to that whining talentless Taff, I struggle to think of a worse female artist

Kevevs
    Free Member

Thanks to the above for suggesting The Craig Charles Funk n soul show, it’s ace! cheers.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Huey Morgan on 6 Music for Lauren’ is closed to new replies.