• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Huck Norris or equivalents?
  • Poopscoop

That Stans formula thing is handy as a start up figure.

Thanks for that guys, was going to make a post that subject.

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

I’m a procore convert. they are expensive but

[*]actually easy to fit, despite the hype (no need for compressed air) although this might depend on rim choice and maybe I got lucky
    Run low pressures, crazy grip levels. I’m running +/- 1 bar.
    Puncture protection; OK I do pretty well on standard tubeless
    Rock solid bead retention. you could run the main chamber completely flat, the bead would still be locked to the rim by the inner chamber (this is actually the reason I first tried them, after a burp/fall/bones broken incident 3 years ago[/*]

Downsides they are pricey (even shopping around you’re still spending 100 euro/wheel) and they do add weight, but for me it is weight well spent to get the functionality

so in the end a bit like a dropper post. expensive and heavy but bloody hell it works so well I almost can’t imagine being without it

mikeep
    Free Member

Buy closed cell foam and cut your own.

100cm x 100cm £10

https://www.efoam.co.uk/closed-cell-polyethylene-foam.php

colournoise

Van Halen – Member
    there is such variation in pressure readings from pumps that any quoted tyre PSI is, pretty much, complete bollocks.

i`m in the low pressure squirmy tyre camp group also. i need a specialized grid (or equivalent rear tyre) on teh rear of the HT to combat squirm. or a few extra pumps ‘squidge squidge’ – yeah thats hard enough.

I generally apply the fruit squeeze test. Orange front, apple rear, banana something’s wrong.

EDIT. Quoting appears to be borked?

fongsaiyuk
    Free Member

mr wolfbanger foam inserts make pro core look good value

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/mr-wolf-banger-first-ride.html

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Was interested in HuckNorris but seems very mixed feedback….

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

thread resurrection time …. has anyone found any ‘other’ solutions to the rim ding/split tyres problem yet? i need to do something as im going through rear tyres like chain lube 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Huck Norris or equivalents?’ is closed to new replies.