Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Huck Norris in plus tyres?
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

I can’t believe I’m considering spending so much on just foam but I had my fourth ride on my 650 plus bike today and I’ve had four punctures, running tubeless.

I’m going to add glitter to the sealant and they’ve all been pinch flats. The tyres are Schwalbe 2.8s with a snakeskin sidewall.

While my local trails in the Derbyshire Dales don’t seem to result in punctures every time I head to the Dark Peak I get a couple. This has never happened on my Trek 29+ hardtail with flimsy sidewalled tyres.

Would Huck Norris sort me out, or are they not wide enough for plus tyres?

orangespyderman

Are the tyres possibly just crap? Try something else?

sillyoldman

I hated those tyres. Minions are better in every way…….. apart from cost…

munrobiker
    Free Member

First two rides were on WTB Trailblazers. Then swapped to Nobby Nic with Snakeskin. I can just about justify the cost of Huck Norris but not Maxxis tyres.

orangespyderman

First two rides were on WTB Trailblazers. Then swapped to Nobby Nic with Snakeskin. I can just about justify the cost of Huck Norris but not Maxxis tyres.

So you changed the tyres after two rides but can’t afford to do it again so want to spend some money to make the tyres you changed to a bit less rubbish? 😯 😯 😯

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Have a Huck Norris in the back of my plus bike for a while.
    Seems to help has a few marks in it from impacts

munrobiker
    Free Member

Thanks nicolaisam.

Orangespyderman- the Trailblazers came free with some wheels and I slashed the rear one on the second ride, I think beyond repair. The Nobby Nics were £23 each reduced from whatever they normally cost. Two Maxxis tyres at £80 each would be 15%of the cost of the bike. I’m hardly the last of the big spenders.

muggomagic

Go look at Ali Clarkson’s youtube channel. He did some ghetto version of the Huck Norris which should work out cheaper.

You can get maxxis tyres cheaper from Germany but you’re still looking at around £50-60 per tyre. Specialized GRID are good and better value than Maxxis and WTB tough versions of their tyres are err tough and reasonably priced too.

jam-bo

There is a reason those tyres are cheap. When I flogged my plus wheels with those NN’s fitted I think I had 7-8 repairs in the rear tyre. Run them at low enough pressure to get the ‘plus’ benefits and after any hard hit on rock I was just waiting for the hiss.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Huck Norris in plus tyres?’ is closed to new replies.