Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hubs for CX Disk Wheels
  • DrDomRob
    Free Member

Hi All,

I am trying to build up / get hold of a new set of CX wheels with a centre lock hub for my Croix de Fer (Best bike in the world ever !)

The only wheels I have been forth coming so far are some Shimano hubbed wheels, however me and open bearings really really don’t get on.

Soooo… Does any one either know of some centre lock sealed bearing hubs which don’t cost an absolute fortune (ie DT Swiss) or know of a company selling a wheel Dixk CX wheel set with sealed bearings that isn’t ridiculously priced…

Or am I just being to picky?!

Dom

gearfreak
    Free Member

TBH you’re being picky, if you want centre lock, then you’re going to have to go with shimano (or spendy DT), however if you go with XT or above, a yearly (or possibly even 18 monthly) service at your LBS shoud keep them running sweet for a few years. A hub service shouldn’t be much more than £15 per wheel or so.

Or just go with Hope hubs and 6 bolt rather than centre lock.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

TBH I would rather go with the 6 bolt, but as someone else on here found the clearance is so tight between the disk and the fork leg that the bolt heads foul on the fork, so short of buying a new fork as well it would’t work.

Maybe I’ll have a rethink.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Hubs for CX Disk Wheels’ is closed to new replies.