Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • HTN4 results
  • terrahawk
    Free Member

PROVISIONAL RESULTS – PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY QUERIES/WEIRD STUFF
    http://www.hitthenorth.net/hit-the-north-4-results/

simondbarnes

171st! Woohoo 🙂

RustySpanner

A solid 237th for team Spanner.
    I think that’s taught the 3 people who finished behind me a serious lesson:
    Preparation is EVERYTHING.

Once more, I’d like to thank Rizla cigarette papers, Findus for the lasagne sponsorship, The Hare & Hounds – Radcliife, Bar-B-Que land kebab house – Bury and Moorhouse’s Brewery.
    Without you, non of this would be possible.

Good night in the pub last night too – head now feels like there’s a Frenchman living in it.

trio25
    Free Member

That was quick, really chuffed to be well into the top half! Can’t wait till next year guys.

vickypea
    Free Member

195th! Whoo hoo!
    Quite a lot of DNFs.

MrSparkle

Pete, you missed the letter H out of ‘preparation is everything’. Well done everybody. As I said at the start – to me you are all winners… I always was shit at maths.
    Particular well done to Jenn Hopkins – 1st Lady. Could she be on for two first places in a week (fell race next Fri night) ?

sturmey
    Free Member

Chuffed to little mint balls 😉 with 65th cheers guys a top day out

binners

A pretty solid last place finish for me! I hope that’s a lesson to you all about commitment and dedication! If you’re going to do something, then do it properly. And when it comes to being slow…..

Actually…. I got chatting to a few people while hiding in the woods (so I wouldn’t have to do another lap) then i started heckling everyone else, which turned out to be great fun, and i sort of forgot to finish for a bit. Oh well 😀

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

119 for me

rsvktm

Standing up for for the middle aged camel back wearing mountain bikers with a 37th 😆

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Man flu meant I dropped 8 places on last year…honest, I really did have a cold…I promise.
    I wasn’t last….just!

So what? I had a cracking day and met some cracking folks. See you next year.

hora
    Free Member

Swoon congratulation binners. Real men come last

sambob
    Free Member

204th for me. I did more laps and finished in a better position than last year, winner.

Rorschach
    Free Member

In the absence of looking for any evidence to the contrary I’m mugging the non category of 1st old mono cog 😀
    (unless no102 beat me in which case I’m ignoring that aswell)

Rorschach
    Free Member

He did 😐 ….DAMN YOU TO HELL cp 😡 !!
    It gets worse aswell 😥
    Bloodykidsthesedays

h4muf
    Free Member

151st for me.Should have rode the cross bike!

sparkola

190th! Worst result so far!

Clover

Although I beat you by a whole 16 places h4muf, I wouldn’t recommend the cross bike. It was only an advantage wading through the great bog of pull your shoes off and the little steep bank of um, steep bank ness. I was on it because my back refused to countenance picking up a more comfortable steed and was a bit sad when Trio25 came up behind me going wheeeeee on the berms and whoop di doos. Hey ho, it was still probably as much fun as you can have on ‘crosser 🙂

edhornby

112, that was a lot higher than I thought I was ! should have eaten more during it… next year I may take it seriously.. maybe not that serious 🙂

eightyeight
    Free Member

I crashed out 🙁 Anyone know what position the cut off between 3 and 4 laps is?

I was on for 4 and just interested so I can try and improve next year.

simondbarnes

Anyone know what position the cut off between 3 and 4 laps is?

I did 4 @ 171st if that helps?

ctznsmith
    Free Member

184! I’m pleased with that but starting to think starting in the cat 6 at the back was a mistake. Top 150 to aim for next year? 😉

Pretty sure I did 4 laps.

simondbarnes

I’m pleased with that but starting to think starting in the cat 6 at the back was a mistake

Certainly didn’t make things easy! Still, it was a nice friendly bunch at the back, couldn’t have asked for a better queue on the 1st lap 🙂

dawson

149th for me, felt I could have done better, I think I tried to pace myself too much!

sambob
    Free Member

I was 204th and did 4 laps if that helps. Looks like a LOT of people did 4 laps.

vickypea
    Free Member

I was still doing a wee behind a tree when the race started, hee hee! Might’ve cost me a few places!

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

I’m down as a DNF.. Not sure why, I’m sure I did finish… 😕

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I came through at the end of my 4th lap at 1hr 55 and they pulled me over so I guess if you weren’t on your 5th by 1hr45 it was 4 Laps for a lot of us.

Like other comments on starting position I think it made a big difference as it took me at least a lap until things thinned out enough to do a reasonable amount of overtaking.

If I’d realised they’d be the bottlenecks I’d have hammered it more on the first climb from the start as I think as long as you maintained your speed your position the top pretty much dictated where you ended up.

Hopefully top 100 next year.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Certainly didn’t make things easy! Still, it was a nice friendly bunch at the back, couldn’t have asked for a better queue on the 1st lap

Too right! It’s quite hard to race people when you’re having a chat about something or other at the same time! 🙂

ninkynonk
    Free Member

really happy with my 4 laps (206 finish)

as a matter of interest most people seem to do between 3-5 laps. I think Nick Craig lapped me twice, did the top finishers complete 6 laps?

Any idea on a very approx number of laps ridden by riders? Just intrigued if the cross riders really do benefit that much.

Once again big thanks to all involved for a great day, roll on HTN 2014

nbt

Nick Craig was riding a 26″ wheel MTB

Rorschach
    Free Member

It was probably the first HtN where I thought being on an mtb was an advantage.

ninkynonk
    Free Member

sorry NBT I knew Nick was riding a 26er I was just thinking moreso about the large number of cross bikes.

I was really impressed with myself that on the first lap I’d managed to ride all the “rideable” climbs only for Nick to pedal past me as I was dragging my sorry ass & bike up one of the un-rideable ones, ha !!!

RustySpanner

Still, it was a nice friendly bunch at the back, couldn’t have asked for a better queue on the 1st lap

Just wait till next year:
    I’m bringing cake & Scrabble, and there will be a ‘back of the queue’ bookclub:

The tome to bone up on will be…..

……in honour of Mr Ballantine’s 59th place this year.
    (It can’t have been him, can it?)

And if anyone would care to join me in a mid race picnic next year, I’ll bring a cocktail shaker and a jar of maraschino cherries.
    No point in letting standards slip, is there?

richpips
    Free Member

Nick brought with him a cross bike and a mountain bike.

He only rode his mountain bike.

theboatman
    Free Member

Finished 145, doing 4 laps in 2 hours and a minute. Trip to minor injuries this morning, then of to A&E to find my crash on the first lap has left me with a fractured elbow 😕 Fortunately the pain in my arm was offset by the stinking hangover I had this morning. Again thanks to those that organised/ marshalled and generally made stuff happen, I had a fantastic day!

frazered
    Free Member

Copying out the results to a spreadsheet reveals the laps behind the winner. Looks like nick Craig managed 6 laps as I defo did 4 and from the results was 2 laps off him. Pleased with my placing. Target to beat for next year. 😆

xherbivorex
    Free Member

231st.
    3 laps.

not bad for a 40something fat lad whose heart failed 9 years ago…

(in my mind, i won!)

eightyeight
    Free Member

I did 4 @ 171st if that helps?

I was 204th and did 4 laps if that helps. Looks like a LOT of people did 4 laps

Of the large number that finished with 4 laps I very much suspect I would have finished toward the back. I did 3 laps, all of which were around the 32 min mark before having a delusional Danny Hart moment on the jumps 😳

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

I’ve been classified as 240th out of 244 survivors.

I AM SO HAPPY!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘HTN4 results’ is closed to new replies.