• This topic has 279 replies, 81 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 280 total)
  • HTN 4
  • binners

What about spring or autumn? Bit more daylight, bit less liquid in the Swamp Field of Despair?

You didn’t ride the first summer one then? You’d assume it may be drier in August, wouldn’t you? But remember, this is Manchester…..

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

my bike needs to go on a biiig diet before HTN5, my god it was heavy on the carry sections..

BTW, I think there should be another summer HTN…

Harry_the_Spider

Email me if you want to borrow some tape and a staple gun.

chrismanc
    Free Member

Is there a map of the course used on Saturday?

Harry_the_Spider

It can’t be ridden because it uses some footpaths that we had closed and sections of the MTB trail that we ran in the in the wrong direction.

Also, there may be cows in the field. The big orange hairy ones.

chrismanc
    Free Member

Haha, I wouldn’t be touching that field again!! Not until next year at least! Especially with orange hairy cows!

Thanks anyway and again thank you for the amazing morning, cannot wait for next year already.

Handsomedog
    Free Member

Did anyone else get any pictures of the youth racing? I took a few but getting asked for others.

This is my personal favourite that I think sums up the Field of Despair quite nicely!

scaled
    Free Member

Pah, i dunno why they’re looking like they’re suffering through there, its not even that muddy there! 😀

nbt

Harry’s write up of the event is a good read, for those who haven’t spotted it here’s the link

Hit The North 4: Fully Hit

Edit – They’re youths? They’re bigger than me! They’re on bloody 29ers!

Handsomedog
    Free Member

Edit – They’re youths? They’re bigger than me! They’re on bloody 29ers!

Did anyone notice Tom Craig practicing his no-handed track stands – boy got skills!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Nick Craig for a dad. Sponsored by Scott. Able to do a no handed track stand. Some kids have it all!

nbt

I suspect that those things may be linked in some way 😀

hallz
    Free Member

@Harry

Do you know anything about the pump track and skills area talked about in this article…
    MTB Trails

MrSparkle

Anybody get a pic of my ‘witty’ signs that I can use for me blog? Ta.
    Mr Sparkle (saddo)

Harry_the_Spider

Do you know anything about the pump track and skills area talked about in this article…

Different Phillips Park.

eightyeight
    Free Member

@hallz I must say I thought that was the same Phillips Park as well. In fact the guys at the cycling car-boot style thing at the velodrome last month led me to believe it was the same park.

I was excited, now I’m a bit confused!

Harry_the_Spider

The other Phillips Park is somewhere near the Velodrome.

chrismanc
    Free Member

They’re building a trail and pumptrack in Clayton vale. There are photos of progress somewhere on Facebook, its looking pretty good so far.

Il try find the link.

Edit. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.564788620202285.139480.179371172077367&type=3

eightyeight
    Free Member

@Harry, @chrisman – Thanks. My grasp of local geography is, well, crap.

chrismanc
    Free Member

Mate I would of been thinking the same if I wouldn’t have heard and looked into it a couple of months back. Doesn’t seem right having two parks named the same within the same city tbh.

Then again..it is Manchester.. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

HTN is in Bury.

Vortexracing

Great news about Clayton Vale, that means some man made ST in some of the Manc Madness rounds hopefully. 😀

chrismanc
    Free Member

Good point harry..

D0NK

More pics by my mate, including (by the look of the bike) a not very flattering one of phil56, sorry phil.

phil56

Hilarious! I’d hoped it might look good on the video, but in truth it’s just a limp flop into the bushes!

mintimperial
    Beaterman
    Free Member

If you want me to email you the full size image of the pics Donk’s talking about. Like others, just make a donation to a charity and message me.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

Email me if you want to borrow some tape and a staple gun.

perhaps I should have phrased that better…

Harry_the_Spider

Almost forgot about this bit.

http://twitter.yfrog.com/z/odswcbaj

rabbipedro
    Free Member

My fav images from Saturday, chapeau to all who took part. First race i’ve ever been to and defo going to try getting a spot next year. Loving everyone’s pictures

nbt

you’ve embedded links to pages there not links to images

rabbipedro
    Free Member

😳

try again, this is just the album link, i fail

terrahawk
    Free Member

those photos are superb. nice one.

hallz
    Free Member

oh brilliant! photographic evidence that i was overtaken by a fresian on a bicycle 🙄

Nice pics though – some good work done in photoshop!

rabbipedro
    Free Member

Cheers for the nice comments guys, the race was riddled with great photo opportunities. The ‘descent’ bit coming back down to the start area proved to be a veritable goldmine, such an inconspicuous spot caused so many tumbles. Hope I managed to capture a taste of the atmosphere on the day. Tried not to overdo it in post processing.

I’m going to be torn next year between competing and snapping pics.

hallz
    Free Member

anyone got a picture, or know where there is a picture of the cargo bike that was entered? Cheers

stavromuller
    Free Member

I take it you mean this Surly, kudos to the rider

hallz
    Free Member

Cheers Stavromuller 😀

nbt

Hit The North 4 by Notoriously Bad Typist, on Flickr

Ridden by Rich from Keep Pedalling

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 280 total)

The topic ‘HTN 4’ is closed to new replies.