Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • HTML WYSIWYG – Kompozer any good?
  • DaRC_L

Ok so I'm a techy so prefer hands on HTML but wondered what the STW collectives view on free WYSIWYG editors
    – I need to advise someone who's going to look after a charity website and is non-techy so they'll probably need a simple to use editor.

Is KompoZer a good one?

hoodoo
    Free Member

I have found Kompozer to be very useful in getting to grips with CSS. I wouldn't suggest having an non-techy maintain a website unless they are fairy competent at creating their own web pages (wouldn't that mean that they then become a techy?). Maybe a better solution would be to use a hand holding website design environment such as google sites or if the website already exists, then maybe the hosting company has it's own create you own website environment.

Have you had a look at the web editing capabilities that come with google chrome?

Food for thought.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Have a look on ebay for an older version (x4 is current) of serif webplus, cheap as cheese (10/20quid) and super easy to use.

woodywoodbine
    Free Member

I've used Nvu in the past with no problems. The multiple views were a good way of moving from WYSIWYG to learning html pretty quickly too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘HTML WYSIWYG – Kompozer any good?’ is closed to new replies.