• This topic has 24 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by mema.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • HTF can a Uni not have a bar?
  • Smee
    Free Member

My new Uni doesn't appear to have a bar, which is a bit shit.

[filthy old letch]On the otherhand I was happy enough to sign the consent form that says I am happy to take my clothes off in class, given the company.[/filthy old letch]

kevonakona
    Free Member

Personally i think both of those problems should be addressed.

Not sure which is more scarring to the immpressionable youth.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Which uni are you going to?

Smee
    Free Member

Glasgow Caley.

zaskar
    Free Member

Find a local bar?

You're at Uni to study, not have fun. 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

Ah, ok thats a bit far over for me to know anywhere local, sorry!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That's a Poly, not a Uni!

😉

Stu

^
    Beat me too it CF! 😆

Smee
    Free Member

CFH – it used to be, although I prefer the term Tech.

CK – I know the pubs round there anyway, just find it very surprising that the reason they gave for closing it down was due to it not being profitable.

tails
    Free Member

not being profitable

should have let the locals in.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I'm sure it wasnt under-used, the problem with a lot of uni bars is theyre run by students who have too much free time (i.e. not the maths/technical students) and the odd clueless staff and a lot of nepotism goes on!

MoreCashThanDash

Which just proves that standards at Uni are dropping in all areas!

Daffy

We've (Leeds) got five in the union with another five on campus grounds.

Wanna visit?

[EDIT] we also have 17000 female students with a fresh 4-5k starting this coming week…

Smee
    Free Member

Special?

mema
    Free Member

Have you seen the supposed library at caley!!! It has a total of three books and they are all sitting on my desk! What department are to studying in?

Smee
    Free Member

mema – Caley used to have a great library – what happened to it? I haven't visited in this time round. I'd be surprised if I do visit it too. I have access to all the books i'll ever need through my wife's physio library.

Studying Physio.

What dept are you in?

Sandwich

Presbyterian Uni?

bigyinn
    Free Member

The station car opposite scotrail house for beer. Anywhere else for students. You've got strathclyde uni less than 5 mins walk away, or is that too much hardship for you?

mema
    Free Member

They got rid of the old library and now we have the saltire building which has some books but in compact shelving allowing only one person at a time to get a book! Then there is the cafe on the ground floor in the middle of a study area! Caley at it's best.
    Im part of the 'school of the built and natural environment' WTF does that not include???

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I'm sure the Cally used to have a bar… there was a night out at the Tech we used to go to back in the mid 90's, and we wouldn't have gone anywhere that there was no beer!

I think you just need to look a bit harder. The giveaway will be the beer taps 😉

mema
    Free Member

The old union with the dodgy stairs has just been demolished. The bar in the the new union was closed as it didn't make any money. But I do know of a lab within the uni where alcohol is being made! Shhh!

Smee
    Free Member

mema – when I spent 4 years in that school it didn't seem to include much in the way of organised lectuters. Is Stas Burek still there?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Isn't Glasgow Caley a 6th college?

Smee
    Free Member

No, its a whole college.

mema
    Free Member

Yep Stas is still here.
    Organised lecturers? They are all in the pub!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘HTF can a Uni not have a bar?’ is closed to new replies.