Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • HTC wildfire phone ?
  • voodoo_chile

any good ?

is this android O/S good ? what to look out for ? etc etc

Solo
    Free Member

Its Ok, but like all phones, aint perfect.

Biggest complaint is that the OS isn't finished, with the retailer / Manuf just telling owners…..

theres an app for that, GO FIND IT !

Bit of a cop-out imo.

Basics are Ok, but you can't use your own MP3 ringtone or message tone, unless you get the appropriate app. But then you're left to discover which one will work and successfully alter the phone to operate as you want it to.

I mean, ringtones and message tones FFS, should really be sorted by HTC.

Google maps works though, so I guess its just a case of priorities….

😉

EDIT
    I hate Android, symbian, etc.

I am sticking with windows, but others will flame that OS too.

voodoo_chile

is google maps free to use like nokia ovi maps ?

Cougar

I can't be bothered arguing, but I like Android.

Google Maps is free, along with Navigation and My Tracks.

voodoo_chile

any tips cougar

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I just bought a Wildfire on a 24 month contract with 300 mins and unlimited texts plus 500MB of data. After the line rental rebate, cashback and selling my old phone it'll cost me £112 total for 24 months. Not bad.

stumpy01

Basics are Ok, but you can't use your own MP3 ringtone or message tone, unless you get the appropriate app. But then you're left to discover which one will work and successfully alter the phone to operate as you want it to.

Do u not just put the mp3 u want to use in the correct folder, like u do with the desire? It'll then be visible in the ringtone selection list.

Not used the Wildfire but if it's anything like the Desire, then it'll be pretty good.

Solo
    Free Member

Do u not just put the mp3 u want to use in the correct folder, like u do with the desire? It'll then be visible in the ringtone selection list.

Now thats what you would think, its what I thunk. But oh no !.

Firstly, there is not file explorer installed whatsoever, so its off to android market for that fecker. Managed to get one that worked, 3rd time lucky.

Then, we gets the MP3 file, places it where it needs to be, but the phone options menu doesn't list it.

So, its off again to Android market for a phone ringtone manager app.
    We get one eventually, it finds the file, and set the ringtone she wants.
    Acept, it only plays like the first 3 secs, then repeats, so how flippin annoying is that ?.

And as for message alert tone ?, well I gave it a quick go, I wsa going to have to try another list of apps in the hope of finding one that worked.
    However, after the ringtone debacle as well, I thought it best to put the phone down and let her just get along with it as is.

Suppose I will have to sort it one day, but like I posted earlier, these are pretty basic requirements and theres just no excuse for this, given where we are now with mobile phones.
    Its the Manuf and the retailer being lazy.

All just my opinion, and like Cougar, I'm way so not bothered for arguing.
    😉

Night all.

solamanda
    Free Member

I think android is great. The GPS navigation is amazing. No idea why anyone would really care that much about a ringtone?

IMHO it's the Iphone for those how aren't sheep. It does the really important stuff like Internet, mapping, searching and multi tasking very well.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Put your MP3s for ringtones on the SD card in the following area: Media > Audio > ringtones.
    Create new directories called alarms & notifications for MP3s you want to use for them. This is in the online HTC manual if i remember correctly.

I really like google maps navigation – the only problem is it doesn't cache anything on the phone.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘HTC wildfire phone ?’ is closed to new replies.