• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by bruk.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • HTC Wildfire or blackberry curve ??
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Looking for a new pay as u go phone,anyone have any comments on the HTC wildfire ?? .. either this or a blackberry curve ?

EDIT … Im not really into surfing etc on my phone but i do like a proper qwerty keyboard, and yes i know the htc doesnt have this feature … before anyone says something !!
    but i do like the look of both the phones

donsimon
    Free Member

I have a Blackberry curve an am happy with it, but I sure someone will be along in a minute to tell me that I’m not.
    Great for emails and limited surfing, Blackberry messaging is a bonus.
    What do you want it for? Then find the one that suits your needs.

dobo
    Free Member

i have a curve for work, decent reliable phone and excellent for emails and texts, but tbh i’d say the browsing experience is poor, no doubt the android app market is better than blackberry

emac65
    Free Member

My lads(17&19)both have the wildfire,they’re happy with it & it gives them enough street cred..

ART

Have just got a Wildfire as my new work phone, considering my other one was of archaeological interest it looks quite good, or at least it will be when it’s actually activated. 😉

Ok seriously, it’s a nice size, the keyboard is easy to use, the interface all seems quite easy/ intuitive and I’ll probably now ‘have to have’ something like it from here on in for my life to complete… or something like that…

Pieface

I have both.

Wildfire is great for web use and other smartphone stuff but poor battery and normal phone features.

If you don’t do the web alot the BB is way better as it just works better as a phone and the battery is a lot better, however it feels a bit last century without the whole touchscreen thingy, but like i say thats not really an issue if you’re not into that kind of thing.

Wildfire feels a bit delicate and the BB is a solid piece of kit

Olly
    Free Member

i have both. Wildfire for me, BB from work.

WF is a joy to use, even with the mildly lacking processor.

BB is a NIGHTMARE.
    hate it hate it hate it.

its utterly illogical to me, i cant find how to set the simplest thing up.

HTC just works, beautifully.

donsimon
    Free Member

BB is a NIGHTMARE.
    hate it hate it hate it.

its utterly illogical to me, i cant find how to set the simplest thing up.
    And that means the BB is bad or…? 😉

Olly
    Free Member

😛

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Got Curve for work and thinks its great for text and email but I have a different phone for personal use.

cheers_drive

I have a Curve for work but I prefer by personal SE W995 which is old school but I can predictive type quicker than the qwerty on the curve which gives me cramp. My other half’s HTC Desire is way better than both though, apart from battery life which is poor like all smart phones.
    What I really hate about the Curve is looking around at my fellow passengers on the train to London and seeing they all have the same phone 😐

Cougar

If you take the Wildfire route, the San Francisco is a) cheaper and b) wholly better than the Wildfire. Choosing between Blackberry and Android is a broader question and impossible to answer given the lack of information in the OP, but I see no reason to ever buy a Wildfire any more.

bruk

Have a Curve and it seems pretty hardwearing. Great for email, text etc.

However useless for browsing and tinternet.

Battery life is better than wifes Jesusphone.

That however has oppurtunity to do so much more with apps bit like the android app store.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘HTC Wildfire or blackberry curve ??’ is closed to new replies.