Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • HTC Wildfire – Any Good?
  • rkk01
    Free Member

Pros / cons from any owners / users?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Ive just bought one, seems pretty good but I dont have a **** clue how to use it. It does phone calls and text messages though and I can check my emails on it too. Battery life aint to bad either.

andyl
    Free Member

there is an updated one isnt there?

cp

I’ve dabbled with one. They can be a little laggy and slow at times, and the screen resolution is disappointing if you’re used to the more expensive smart phones, but for a smaller body size, and for the price, they’re not too bad.

The Desire S can be had for not much more if you shop around a bit.

bruneep

Son has the updated one the wildfire S. I would get that over the wildfire.

Tesco were doing quite a good deal £180 and I got £35 back via quidco (not sure if that deal is still on)

rkk01
    Free Member

Thanks

kimbers

ive got a wildfire had it for nearly a year

its not as slick as an iphone but its certainly good enough for me,
    cons
    camera could be better
    in call sound quality isnt amazing, though not detrimental to actual use
    apps do crash from time to time annoying if im using the satnav! although only happens very rarely

pros
    battery life is realtively good for a smartphone
    can take up to a 32gb memory card which is good for music
    htc sense is great once you get to know it, google calendar, syncing contacts to facebook etc etc
    pinch to zoom is quite nice too
    its smaller than a lot of other smartpones

for the money you really cant go wrong imho

toby1

I’d say it’s definately a budget smartphone, processor is slow and laggy and the on-screen keyboard gives me all sorts of trouble, it also lies about who it has sent messages too from time to time (messages appear on the wrong threads). All in all a good enough but not by any means great phone.

I’m looking for a second hand Samsung Nexus as my next attempt at non-iphone smartphone life.

chvck
    Free Member

I’ve got one, it is a big laggy but I’m generally not in a great rush to do anything on it anyway. I’ve installed a few apps that make life easier, I use the GO range of products (they’re free) for stuff like SMS and dialler/contacts. I also use the Swype keyboard which is frankly amazing and makes typing VERY fast!

colournoise

As far as I can tell its pretty much a repackaged HTC Hero from a couple years back?

My wife got a Wildfire as her first ‘proper’ smartphone a few months back and loves it.

If you’re used to faster, larger phones it will feel a little toylike, but it does the job and has all the features you would want.

On the plus side, it runs Android (and so has access to all the Market apps) with the HTC Sense overlay, which I REALLY like.

slainte 🙂 rob

Cougar

The San Francisco is a)better and b)cheaper than the Wildfire, assuming you mean the original and not the ‘S’.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

What cp said. Worse screen less memory slower processor than desire S, and both are offered as equivalents on same tariff. Just got the desire S from talkmobile 18quid a month tariff. Wildfire is their budget phone, desire S upper mid range (Focus Ghia vs fiesta). No experience of other brands.

willej

I’ve had a Wildfire S for about three months. It’s not as good as a Desire but it’s much better than the old Wildfire. I was originally after a Desire S but T-Mobile offered me the Wildfire S with 100 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited internet for just £6 per month. Needless to say it’s plenty good enough for £6 per month.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

😯 6 quid a month 😯

willej

Yup, including VAT :mrgreen:

dobo
    Free Member

i’m not ashamed to admit that i have a wildfire, i think its plenty good enough smart phone. i refused to pay double the tariff for a desire s as the wildfire does almost everything the desire does. i like the fact its smaller like my bb too.

willej

I like that it’s smaller than the Desires too. Fits in my pocket better.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘HTC Wildfire – Any Good?’ is closed to new replies.