Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • HTC Desire un-locking problem wont connect to mobile data or send MMS
  • shredder
    Free Member

Have a HTC Desire which due to a contract upgrade have passed to my wife. The phone was on contract with Orange so paid £20 to get an un-locking code from Orange themselves. Enter code and bingo phone will now accept my wifes T-Mobile sim ie it will now make calls and send txt messages.
    Problem being it will not connect/pick up mobile data or picture messages which are within her plan. Have been round the houses with T Mobile entering all the settings etc but still wont connect. Have even had a fresh T Mobile sim to try. T Mobile are now suggesting that the un-locking code from Orange has only parialy un-locked the phone ? ?

Just curious if anybodys had similar or any advice ?

Thanks

Bimbler
    Free Member

Root it and s-off it?

shredder
    Free Member

How easy to root ? …………and what is s-off or asm I being slow

spence
    Free Member

Had something similar, unlocked my Desire from T-mobile by their supplied code so I could use it in the US. Bought a sim card out there and the phone worked OK but not the data side. It took the chap in the store an hour or so to sort it out with their tech support. Something to do with the IMEI number of the phone not registered on their systems. Don’t know if that’s the same for you.

shredder
    Free Member

Interesting spence will investigate that one further thanks

Bimbler
    Free Member

Pretty easy to root, surprisingly so, I prevaricated about it for ages but the continual “low memory” icon pushed me to do it, it’s like having a new phone really. I’ve only just discovered about s-off but it’s like an ultimate root.

What is s-off

You can brick your phone though.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Not sure why you would have to unlock anything except an iPhone as all of the network information is handled by the SIM card? That’s why they can all sell SIM only to go into any phone.

Anyway, if it’s not working:
    1) Try a soft reset – remove battery while the phone is powered on, leave 30 seconds and replace battery
    2) If that doesn’t work try a hard reset – Google hard reset for your phone and it will come up with a key sequence like hold volume and push pin into reset button while powering on

One of those will sort it

shredder
    Free Member

Captain tried the T Mobile sim in the Desire before entering the un-locking code and it would not pick up the T Mobile network. So it must have been locked to Orange.

Have done the soft re-set and nothing will have a look at a hard reset

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘HTC Desire un-locking problem wont connect to mobile data or send MMS’ is closed to new replies.