Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • htc desire help please
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

I am running out of space on the internal memory. App2sd says nothing else can move. How can I free up space

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

Having same problem, would like to hear a solution as well

Pembo
    Free Member

Try a htc forum? Other web sites are available, although my mum says she doesn’t have John Lewis on her internet after we told her we’d bought on-line.

Rich
    Free Member

I installed a custom rom for mainly this reason. I now have a rom tweaked from a Desire HD, and loads of space for apps. It’s a long process though, too much to go into in one quick reply. All the info is on http://www.xda-developers.com, it involves rooting, usually creating a gold card and flashing a new rom to the phone.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

god aren’t you a funny ****

Rich
    Free Member

Who?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

pembo

DickBarton

I’m still clueless about this custom rom stuff…more reading needed, I was hoping it was going to be a quick thing to do but there are a few things needing done (as well as finding a ROM suitable to what you want!)…probably the only real way to go now that most carriers are shutting down updates for the original Desire (not all of them are but most are)…I need to do more digging around. Saying that I’ve only got 12 apps installed apart from the default HTC stuff so not got an issue with space yet.

edhornby

sorry cruzheckler, but Pembo is right (and not trying to be a smartass as far as I can see) you’ve asked a pretty specific question about a phone on a bike website

rob-jackson
    Free Member

in the chat section that is peppered with IT geeks and android phone users

winstonsmith

go to settings – applications.

look through the apps – some of them will have stored up lots of data and have caches without really needing too – you can delete these n free up space

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I’ve recently rooted and installed cyanogenMod 7. It’s given my Desire a stay of execution from the upgrade fairy. It’s not as scary as it sounds and once you’ve done it once you’ll be flashing ROMs left, right and centre.

Have a look here.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=HTC_Desire_%28GSM%29

A custom ROM like cyanogen is basically a different flavour of Android the latest being a gingerbread flavour.

You will need to be rooted to install a custom ROM. You will loose everything on your phone e.g. apps, data. Your SD card card should be OK, MAKE A BACKUP before you commit to a custom ROM. You will void your warranty installing a custom ROM.

Other custom ROMs are available. See here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/index.php?title=File:HTC_Desire.png

Cyanogen allows you to move any none copy protected app to sd card.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘htc desire help please’ is closed to new replies.