Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • HTC Desire contracts
  • sadexpunk

3 months off the end of my contract with orange, so i can upgrade from tomorrow apparently. ive been in the usual shops such as carphone warehouse and phones4u and it seems to be a general £30 per month for 24 months for a lot of minutes, unlimited texts and data.

im expecting orange to be about £25 per month instead, due to my usual loyalty bonus. been with em 10 yrs or more.

get a bit p*ssed off with orange and their unhelpful customer service tho, and am ready to jump ship, preferably to vodafone.

before i ring em tomorrow, does anyone know of a better deal anywhere?

cheers

jamferg
    Free Member

http://www.mobiles.co.uk usually have a few decent deals that change reg

sadexpunk

bloody hell £35pm for 300 mins, unlimited texts and 500Mb data! and £140 for phone!!!

asked to be put on to cancellations and it went down to £25 but £140 for the phone.

so ive cancelled it now. need to find something else in the next 20 days or so. is it best to use sites like mobiles.co.uk or to go into town to carphone warehouse maybe? im a bit scared of using a site and then not being able to get in touch if the phone goes wrong. i assume you cant just ring vodafone or whoever if you bought from a site?

cheers

l45key
    Free Member

I bought one through phones4u, £35 panther contract, 600 min 3000 text, 750mb internet, 50 photo messages, and orange maps all for 27.50 a month.

Free phone as well, in black!

retro83
    Free Member

avoid Orange's HTC Desire. It's loaded up with loads of shite games demos and Orange **** payware apps you cannot delete.

Jolsa

o2 contract ends in a month and also considering the Desire. Might get the £10 Tesco sim only deal (rolling 1 month contract) whilst I wait for better Desire deals to be given following the release of the Desire HD.

piha
    Free Member

Ask Orange for your PAC(?) number. They will send you a letter asking you to phone them to see if they can do anything. They should then offer a better deal eg- 1200 mins, free calls to landlines, gazillion texts, 500 Mb data for about £22.50 for a 24 month contract.

Jolsa

24 month contract being the catch!

sadexpunk

already asked for the PAC, so its in the post right now hopefully. and yeah i heard it comes loaded with orange shite, just like my last phone did, an LG arena.

arent just about all the deals 24 months these days? not happy about that as i think id want to change it before then, but dont think theres a lot you can do about that is there?

btw, do carphone warehouse phones come unbranded? so possibly a better option to go visit?

muggomagic

i have an unlocked desire only a few months old in superb condition that can be yours for £250 delivered. Running android 2.2, and actually got another update today and includes a 16GB memory card. You can get a decent 30 day rolling sim only deal from O2 or three then.

just a thought, like

sadexpunk

see, i never understand that 🙂 forking out a few hundred up front.

surely the cost of the sim each month added onto the cost of phone is no cheaper? certainly in my case i havent got the wedge up front anyway, so i have to go contract and free phone.

thanks anyway matey.

AndyDuke
    Free Member

Just got mine on Orange a month ago. Fifty quid for the.handset 200 mins unlimited texts and internet for 15 quid a month! Just haggle haggle haggle… then haggle more.

sadexpunk

did you get it direct from them? and was it loaded with orange sh*te?

rj
    Free Member

£25/month for 600 minutes and 500 texts + unlimited web?

Desire on T-Mobile

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Try Mobile Phones Direct Their phones come unbranded and quite often have good deals. I've had very good service from them in the past.

MrGreedy

Haven't read all the posts so this might already have been said, but you can "debrand" the handset to get rid of any operator installed guff you don't want. As for prices, have a look on AVforums for an idea of achievable deals.

KidDynamite
    Free Member

I glanced at the other posts so sorry if this is a repeat.

I have just got a desire from vodafone for £20 a month for 18 months, 300 mins 'unlimited' texts and internet (3000 and maybe 500 fair usage?).

Was an upgrade and just kept telling them i would leave until they gave me a reasonable good deal. Also in response to your mention about orange customer services i have experienced vodafone to be brilliant!

…also i am waiting for a 'must know things for HTC Desire' Thread to pop up; may have to start one soon!

Kit
    Free Member

£15/month, 30 day contract with O2 = 500MB data, unlimited texts and 300 mins. I bought their PAYG Desire for £300, which is mental considering ebay fleecers were asking £350+ for used Desires at the time. I've gone and put a big crack in the display though 🙁

cp

The other day phones4u.co.uk had the desire on orange, 18mth, 300 mins, unlimited texts & 500 or 1000 Mb web… £25 per month, and free phone.

hora
    Free Member

I have just got a desire from vodafone for £20 a month for 18 months, 300 mins 'unlimited' texts and internet (3000 and maybe 500 fair usage?).

Ta I might give Vodaphone a call

sadexpunk

that mobile phones direct one seems a decent deal. anyone know how good T-mobile are these days?

RDL-82
    Free Member

i'm happy with t-mobile been with them for years, still do plenty of 18 month contracts aswell, even on the desire, depends what you want, minute/text wise, but they have the best internet usage policy imo, something like 3gig on android phones, and only a polite chill out warning if you go over.

I got a desire with 900 minutes unlimited txts and internet 18 month contract (you can upgrade after 17) for £30 pm although i think thats gone upto £35 now but you get to pick a bolt on thing such as unlimited landline calls.

I've found they are best if dealt direct, i couldnt get the deal i got anywhere else, and i did try, and as mentioned, branded phones are a piece of p*ss to debrand.

mieszko
    Free Member

I had good experience with t-mobile but the deals offered were not that good compared to other networks. I'm on 3 now and have a sim only deal at £15 with 300min + unlimited internet and text. However I saw that Tesco is doing a staff only deal (well staff and 4 friends) 500min, unlimited text and internet for £7.50 sim only rolling contract. That was an offer in store. If You only need a Tesco employee number to get it as a friend of thatan employee than I can give You mine and You can pretend to be my friend 😉 worth asking if You have a tesco extra with a phone shop somewhere close as the deal is really good, then just buy the desire sim free.

mieszko
    Free Member

If it's n Android mobile isn't debranding it (rooting?) voiding the warranty and there is a risk of breaking the phone during rooting?

RDL-82
    Free Member

nope you can debrand it using a 'goldcard' google's your friend for that one. Rooting's a different thing, but both can be reversed should you wish, and besides if the phone is that knackered it wont come on, whos going to know?

Rooted my original G1 as soon as it was done, makes for a better phone, in terms of what you can do, for example i was running a custom firmware with bluetooth before the official release update with bt activated, but tbh you will know whether you want root or not, if you know what it gives you, if you are happy with the phone as is then why change? My desire is stock btw, dont feel the need to play this time, at least yet anyway!

Google 'cyanogen mod' for more detailed info.

1×29
    Free Member

I've recently been released from the last 18 months of my Orange 24 month contract because of particularly poor quality of service. They said it wouldn't be getting any better and let me off with the £450 buy out.

I've now moved to a 3 network SIM only deal on a 30 day contract. Both phone and data service is much better (for me) than what Orange was. 1GB data too.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

O2 24month contract, which I don't really mind.900 mins, unlimited texts ..500mg data internet I think I get £10 a month loyalty discount. Great phone though oh and phone was free. We do need another what app thread!!!

sadexpunk

mieszko, thanks for that offer, but i havent got the money up front to buy a phone first.

just been on the phone to T Mobile and best they could offer was £30pm 600 mins, unlimited textx, unlimited internet. and if i did it over the phone id get £50 of accessories such as a case.

The other day phones4u.co.uk had the desire on orange, 18mth, 300 mins, unlimited texts & 500 or 1000 Mb web… £25 per month, and free phone.

certainly not doing that now. thats on a 24 month contract now.

but……..BINGO!!

i rang and explained this and they said it must have been an upgrade as they dont do that. but……they offered me an 18 month contract at £25 for 15 months, £30 for last 3 months but i can ring from that time and re-negotiate.
    300 mins, unlimited texts, unlimted data (1Gb)

seems a good offer compared to everything else ive seen so ive gone ahead 🙂
    (hora, did you ring as well?)

thanks for all your help 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘HTC Desire contracts’ is closed to new replies.