Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • HTC Desire / Android Queries
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I've got a new HTC Desire, and so far I'm finding it ok, but a lot of the stuff is gimicky rather than absolute functional.

However my biggest gripes so far are:

1. I cant view my hotmail account properly ie using the default email services it wont let me view html emails received. I end up logging in through the internet browser…

2. I can view word docs, but I want to be able to open 2007 Excel & Word docs and edit them.

3. I can not find any cases in any shops for the Desire. Can any recommend any good online suppliers?

Is it possible to do either of the above?

Ta

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

millions of cases on ebay, that's my only offering

lowey

1. Serves you right for using hotmail. 😆

muggomagic

1. you could set up a gmail account and forward your hotmail to that account
    2. Dunno
    3. mobilefun has loads of accessories

maxray
    Free Member

I do that re Gmail and Hotmail and use the Gmail App not the mail app.

Just got the Google maps navigation working, most impressed!!

maxray
    Free Member

Oh and re cases be careful about getting a Nexus 1 case as if its a tight fitting case or cove rthe desires little chin may not fit.

🙂

glenh
    Free Member

1. Just forward your mail from hotmail to gmail.

2. It's a phone not a computer. That said, there's no dounbt a app for that if you are willing to pay. Quick google reveales:

http://gizmodo.com/5195958/documents-to-go-for-android-released-to-edit-microsoft-office-docs

3. What do yo want a case for? Just don't throw it around. Even my 2 year old phones are scratch free.

freddyg
    Free Member

1. As above – gmail is the way. Or live with non-HTML until you get to a PC.

2. Thinkfree or Documents to go (mentioned above – plus it's free <- EDIT: no it's not. Only the viewer is free, sorry) **

3. E-bay

freddyg
    Free Member

**EDIT: if you have the barcode scanner app installed, you can scan the 2D barcode (from the Thinkfree and Docs to go page) with your phone and it'll take you straight to the app on the marketplace.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘HTC Desire / Android Queries’ is closed to new replies.