Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • HTC Desire and Hotmail
  • Baldysquirt

So, this seems to be a bit of a problem. Has anyone got round the syncing issues between hotmail and Android – maybe with an app that actually works? Any ideas greatly received, I’d rather not change evrything over to Gmail.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

I have a Hero and use Hotmail with np’s

It came with the old OS which I upgraded to current Android and both are fine

I use the native email prog and dont even remember much about setting it up so it must have been easy

Looking at my phone now…..

I hit ‘Mail’ which is on my home screen
    Then ‘Menu’ then ‘new account’ then POP3/IMAP

Good luck

tyger
    Free Member

Baldy – you need to make sure that your Yahoo on your Internet is set to accept POP email

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I use K9 mail from Android Market. It appears to be the mail system of choice if you use hotmail.

Means I have to have a stupid K9 dog icon for my mail but at least it works properly.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

No problems with Hotmail on my Desire HD, check your settings.

Rich
    Free Member

I have my hotmail account redirected to my gmail, then receive all mail through that, works well.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The problems I found on the standard app was that if you delete some thing on the phone, and then went and check on the web it wouldnt be deleted and vice versa. Also the same with sent messages, again wouldnt appear on the web or phone.

Tiger6791

I know what your getting at.

Hotmail uses POP3 so it doesn’t sync up, it’s a pain.

ie if you read a mail on your phone when you log into you online one it’s still unread.

Pay £20 and upgrade your Hotmail and use imap

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The K9 app is free and some how it works properly with that.

Baldysquirt

Thanks, I’ll give K9 a go. Does K9 also sync with the hotmail calendar?

As has been said above, I can get emails through but it’s not properly syncing these or my contacts.

Tiger6791

Set it up as an Exchange account and use m.hotmail.com as the server. Leave the domain blank

Baldysquirt

Tiger – tried that and it always fails and says to try again later. I’ve been trawling forums about this for the last couple of weeks.

tyger
    Free Member

Under “options” on your Hotmail account you need to change it so it accepts POP mail – that’s all, simple.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

K9 is just a mail app nothing more.

This is the one problem with Android phones and I guess Iphone that you cant easily sync them with calendars.

Before I had a HTC Desire I had another HTC which was Microsoft based, although everything else wasnt great, outlook/calendar/hotmail was fantastic, and the calendar function much better than any I have found on Android yet.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

TO be fair, what funky says is true – using the Outlook syncing on the old windows phones was excellent, even Google Calendar in it’s might is a poor relation even if it does at least sync seamlessly. 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘HTC Desire and Hotmail’ is closed to new replies.