Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • HT11 crank – space between crank arm and bb
  • Pook

I’ve got a space of about a mm, maybe less. Tapping it on with a mallet isn’t closing it up, and I’m not about to try to squash it up using the lockring.

Should there be a spacer in there?

foxyrider
    Free Member

No but I expect there should be another spacer between the bearing and the BB shell? What have you got – 68mm or 73mm shell and how many spacers have you used?

Pook

68, but i replaced spacers exactly where they came out. used 2mm of spacers on the drive side, as it came out.

foxyrider
    Free Member

A 68mm shell should use 3 spacers not 1 IME 🙂 I expect the crank is coming to the end of its travel on the axle and thus you need another 5mm of BB with to take up the gap? It must be a 73 mm shell then if it only uses one spacer!

brakes
    Free Member

is the little black tab thing that the bolt goes fouling on something?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Have a look at this – its a road service for HTII but its the same for all road and MYB HTII setups:

http://www.cyclistno1.co.uk/features/maintenance/shimano-ultegra-hollowtech-ii-crank-service.htm

Brakes – you mean:

“stopper plate and plate pin”

Pook

it’s that one on the non-drive side I’m missing.

Damnit.

foxyrider
    Free Member

What frame have you got – is it def 68mm shell?

Pook

I think it is. Rockhopper ’08

wwaswas

i replaced spacers exactly where they came out

I’d have words with whoever fitted the crank!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yup should be 68mm – the 09′ RH def has a 68mm shell and my old stumpy had a 68mm shell! Just pop into LBS they’ll have loads of spare 2.5mm spacers I bet 🙂

Pook

I’d have words with whoever fitted the crank!

*Goes off to have a quiet word with myself…..

foxyrider
    Free Member

LOL 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘HT11 crank – space between crank arm and bb’ is closed to new replies.