• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • HP laptop battery replacement
  • ianmoody
    Free Member

The battery in my laptop (HP Pavilion dv6) is no more. I’ve done a bit of browsing and prices vary from £25 to over £100 so I thought I’d run the gauntlet of the STW advice line and see what others can suggest.

northshoreniall

Can’t remember brand went for when mine went couple year ago but bought cheap version and ended up having get mid price one after as cheapo kept falling out of laptop so less than useless.

cdoc
    Free Member

Replaced my dm3 battery with a cheap one. It lasted 6 months then exploded. Literally.
    Could have been a bad one, though. These things happen.

Replaced that with a different one which is still going after 18 months.

ianmoody
    Free Member

That’s what I’m afraid of, got a cheap replacement for an HTC phone a couple years back and after a few months it overheated and swelled up in the phone. Can you remember where you bought them from? Cheers.

Harry_the_Spider

I got an ebay cheapo 3 years ago. Still working now.

northshoreniall

Got mine on amazon, think this was second one as is about £40 and sure crap one was only about £15 – seller ShizaltaUK

cdoc
    Free Member

No idea, mate. Just some random ebayer.
    The second one from a different store is a real one (or at least a clone with HP stickers) It seems to be fine, so far. Think the better one was about £35 or so.

craigxxl
    Free Member

If the battery is the same as these your welcome to collect for free. Also have the charger too

ianmoody
    Free Member

Thanks Craigxxl but not the same kind.

Drac

Bought a cheap one of ebay about 5 years ago for my old one, daughter still uses it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘HP laptop battery replacement’ is closed to new replies.