Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Howto fix holed button on Garmin forerunner (310xt)
  • twisty

In the middle of a race my old trusty Garmin died, I found that water had got in through a hole that has developed in the power button. I’ve dried the electronics out and they appear to be working fine now.

I’d appreciate any tips on how to fix the button and what is good stuff to use to reseal the top cover when I reassemble.

richmars

Something flexible and waterproof.
    Bathroom sealant?

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Shoegoo for the sealing.
    Sugru for the button.

Or a new garmin, that looks like it was from the days before microchips 😉

twisty

Thanks I’ve ordered some Sugru, it probably cost me more than a replacement 2nd hand Garmin but I think it’ll be useful for a few different tasks.

It is almost 10 years old, but it gets the job done, it can do 14hrs plus on a single charge and even sort of does dot matrix navigation.

cp

The 310xt are great, you’d spend a lot of money to get settings with similar functionality these days so well worth spending to repair.

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

I’ve got an old one lying about unused, you an have it for £30 if you want it?

twisty

I used sugru for both reattaching the top cover screen and covering all the rubber buttons (just incase any of the others were approaching failiure.)

Thanks for the offer DirtyLyle, I’m tempted just to have a spare, but hopefully this fix will last another year at least and then I can upgrade. Uploading breadcrumb routes to the 310XT is a pretty frustrating process with the current garmin software…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Howto fix holed button on Garmin forerunner (310xt)’ is closed to new replies.