Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Hows your luck with the Lottery ?
  • neverfastenuff
    Free Member

After years not winning a bean, 2 X £10 this week, (Wed Draw and last nights draw).
    I dont think its time to worry any Porsche dealerships yet tho' 😉

ton

never played it, maybe i should start………. 😐

skidartist
    Free Member

Ton. You should play 'Suicide Lottery'. A group of you dont buy tickets, but do write down the number you would have bought. Then you all watch the live draw together hoping non of your numbers come up. If someone gets the first three numbers drawn it starts to get exciting.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I have been in a syndicate for donkeys and the most we have won is around the £40 mark. We've had the odd tenner here and there but that's it. utter shite.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Ton, Now your a grandad a big lottery win might just not be enough.. 😳

julianwilson
    Free Member

I haven't trolled/moaned on here for a bit, so:

indirect stealth tax on the poor imo.

Out of interest, do people prefer the same numbers or lucky dips? The 'suicide lottery' idea is an intruiging one!

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I never keep the same numbers, I start afresh every time I play..

skidartist
    Free Member

My local shop sells 'Unlucky Dips'. Like a normal Lucky Dip, but with his personal guarantee that you won't win. If one proves to be defective and you win the jackpot he'll give you your quid back.

Drac

Just play now and then if I remember or if the Euro is a silly amount, it's only £1 or £1.50 so probably the least amount of tax I pay.

Bunnyhop

Every year I win £52, due to not playing.

When the lottery first started I was in a work syndicate with about 8 others. 2 weeks after it started we got 5 straight numbers, it was so exciting. Rushing into work on the Monday I couldn't wait for my winnings. New cloths, a skiing trip, a better bike, oooh the list was endless. It turned out to be £100 odd each, 'cos it was in the beginning we didn't realise that getting 5 numbers only won a smallish amount. Still happy to have won something though.

jimmy

one ticket a week, has been ticking over for years. couldn't tell you my numbers as its online by direct debit so I do nothing on a week-to-week basis. Have won £10 probably 4 times…

Does anyone actually know anyone who has won big?

Drac

Our work syndicate won a large prize on the first ever Wednesday draw of about worked out about £1.5k each. Best of all was the guy in charge of putting it on didn't bother but we don't talk about it.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Theres a chap where I work who's mate won £3m.. a few years back.

anokdale
    Free Member

We have always done the lottery, no big win for us but a farmer won 7 Mill down the road from us, the farm was really struggling and that week he went out to sort a loan out for a new tractor, came home to 7 million, paid his debts off, two lads paid to go through Uni, bought out the familly from the farm as there were lots of partners. He still works it and rocks up at the local covered in farm debris, not changed him and his wife at all but sorted his family the extended family out and took a lot of pressure of them all.

Bunnyhop

Yes, one of my customers won a share of 10 million at work. This was again near the beginning, The family got just over £700,000. They lived in a tiny terrace in Stockport, then moved out to a really nice part of Stocport ( house prices were reasonable back then). Their daughter got a pony and the parents carrried on working. What a lovely couple too. I found out they gave a decent sum to charity. 🙂

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Anokdale, Hence, where theres muck thers money. Good luck to him tho'.

whyterthanwhite
    Free Member

Did anyone watch that plonker Peter Andre on this Wednesday's one.

His magic touch on the Lotto big button had absolutely no joy for me. 👿
    Always hated that guy, and his ex btw.

How can it be a stealth tax when it's governed by independant organisation to keep the Lottery in check with all the rules and regulations.

People do win you know, just that they don't always want it made public, as there are people out there who do get a bit JEALOUS when it comes to money.

biggulp
    Free Member

A good mate won £170k a few months after the start 5+bonus and he couldn't believe how fast the news travelled around his work.
    I was contracting at a place where they had a syndicate and the guy who ran it was a right plonker, he kept all the winnings from the year until the xmas party the went around giving everyone £15 which were the winnings for the year as if it was a big deal. A couple of the guys who weren't in the lottery then gave each other £37 as their winnings for the year.

skidartist
    Free Member

Does anyone actually know anyone who has won big?

My uncle won £4m about 10 years ago.

waihiboy
    Free Member

played it since it started, always a lucky dip.

theres a few old grumps in work who do it an live for the lottery win.

i wind them up constantly saying i'd hate to win a huge amount, give me a couple of hundred grand to pay off house and a few debts and i'd be happy.

curiousorange
    Free Member

Always use the same numbers? Then the B3ta Lottery Frustrater will tell you what you could have won (in the words of the great Jim Bowen) 😀

tyger
    Free Member

National Lottery started in the UK in 1994 so in the 15 years I wonder how many millionaires there are now in the UK and how this has affected the wealth of the country?

zaskar
    Free Member

I've won the odd tenner or £7.50 from doing one ticket a week which is once a year.

Woke up from a dream that I won £50 million quid-it was so real.

Oh how I enjoyed going to work that morning…mustn't grumble… 😉

bear-uk
    Free Member

Played from start and had 5 numbers twice early on. next to nowt after that.

julianwilson
    Free Member

How can it be a stealth tax when it's governed by independant organisation to keep the Lottery in check with all the rules and regulations.

It's to do with what the government used to pay for out of taxes and duties, and now don't pay for because the lottery commission exists and does it. The amount of money museums, charitable foundations and so on receive compared to pre-national lottery days will vary depending on who you ask (Conservatives under whom it was set up and the lottery commission will say more of course but then they would do!)

But what is clear is that it is the less-rich people who buy the most lottery tickets. If you worked it out in terms of what people pay in income and council tax versus what they spend on the lottery it would look even worse. Considering they don't pay much in the way of council tax or income tax, via the lottery the low waged or unemployed people in this country still contribute a disproportionately high amount of money to what the government used to fund itself out of everyone's money and now no longer does.

You can bet your life that people will always buy lottery tickets in the hope of a sudden boost out of poverty, and that if there were 2 sorts of lottery tickets where the one which had no contribution to the lottery commission (but equal chance of winning) was half price, people would just buy twice as many cheap ones.

So yeah, stealth tax. Grumble over.

HackneyRider
    Free Member

this forum's favourite antagonist won a couple of weeks ago, don't know the exact amount but it was fairly big…

chewkw
    Free Member

luck is shiteee at the moment … no even a number.

uplink
    Free Member

You tend to win a lot more often if you work in a newsagents 😉

Lots of people can't be bothered to check the numbers on their ticket & rely on doing it in the newsagents. Some retailers are simply telling people it's not a winner when it is.
    In fact the problem is so bad, they'll shortly be installing customer side terminals so that the punters can check their own tickets.

Take a tip & don't be lazy, never let the shopkeeper check it for you.

or do it all online

grynch
    Free Member

my biggest win ever… wait for it… was a gallon of deck stain in a church raffle a couple of years ago.

other than that the odd £2.– on scratch cards.

roblerner
    Free Member

Try this:

http://idefex.net/b3talottery/

Type in your number and see what you would have won, if you'd played the lottery since it started with your favourite numbers.

I'd have won £210, but as it stands I've won 0 as I've only been playing those numbers for ~a year!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Luck? If I fell in a bag of nipples I'd come out sucking a c**k!

therealhoops
    Free Member

FLIP ALL !!!!! bunch of minge

tankslapper
    Free Member

Win enough every year to play the dam thing 😕

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Hows your luck with the Lottery ?’ is closed to new replies.