Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • How's work?
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

I'm on holiday!

Lionheart
    Free Member

Cheeky Barsteward 😉

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Riding on sand ain't no fun.

ton

ok, cos i am bike building round the back………….. 8)

soma_rich
    Free Member

Crantock? If it is explore the caves! there are some hidden gems down there on the walls!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Impressive sand balancing!

Looks pretty near here…

soma_rich
    Free Member

inside we found this:

obirobkeno
    Free Member

Work? It's quiet, hence my meeting with the boss on Friday, telling me I'm being made redundant… ***feels distinct lack of caring*** Ah well, moving back north, so more riding! WOO!

MrNutt
    Free Member

Which one of you bitter folk just cursed me?

It snapped mid wheelie! (in a flat grassy field) that's the second SRAM chain I've had snap now!

Camping down at the bike barn for the next couple of days, much to do around these parts? Anyone fancy a cuppa?

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol, karma 🙂

Lesson #1 for today, don't buy SRAM chains.

I'd stop by but I'm at work, and nowhere near Cornwall 🙂

Spongebob
    Free Member

Lesson #1 for today, don't buy SRAM chains.

What about "Don't try to do wheelies" ?

P.S. Sand will destroy your bike, rapidly!

meehaja
    Free Member

its 15:15 here I'm eating pizza in bed and thinking about getting up. "work" is pretty good thanks!

donsimon
    Free Member

La Vuelta on the telly, 30ºC outside and work finished for the day… Life's one long holiday. 😀 😉

binners

Pah! Beaches are over-rated anyway. Manchester's got everything apart from one. As Ian Brown helpfully pointed out. What it most definitely does have at the moment is a lot of rain 🙁

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I'd just like to get back to work from a period of long term sickness before I enter my [hr voice]"No pay entitlement period"[/hr voice]. Setting my employer the ultimatum of return me to work or finish me!

Binners, you sure there is no beach alongside the ship canal somewhere?

[edit] I broke a SRAM chain last week, only been ridden twice properly, had a link twist 90 degrees on itself and jam in the rear mech, so it also FUBARd an XT rear mech as well! Not impressed. Bought a KMC replacement this time.[/edit]

loddrik
    Free Member

I'll see your 'on holiday' and raise my 'i'm unemployed'… 😐

MrNutt
    Free Member

Different beach 🙂

Damn they say running on sand is hard work they wanna try goofing about on a bike!

And as it's a holiday my two wheeled friend has been treated to it's annual wash, degrease & grease. Ah holidays only a week and a half left 🙁

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Shite!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Judging by the shape of those mussels I'd say – Perranporth?!

You may be able to see me tonight – will be testing a 2000 lumen luminous 601 nr Truro!

epicyclo

MrNutt – Member
    …Damn they say running on sand is hard work they wanna try goofing about on a bike!

I think you should look at coastkid's posts for a revelation.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

I really don’t know not back in office until tomorrow just spent some time in Beverley Hills and then spent labour weekend in Vegas.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I very much disliked biking on sand the last time I tried. Also hated dragging the bike around on it while trying to find a nice spot to sunbathe. At least you won't have that problem with the weather that's coming in soon!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Well I was on holiday a short while ago an surfing the net was the last thing on my mind. Beaches, babes, booze, tapas, wine, pool etc etc

Your holiday must be boring then MrNutt

molgrips
    Free Member

I did the West Lakes Polaris a few years ago where one of the checkpoints was bloody miles out onto the sand flats on a rock. It was only open at low tide and was flippin hard work to get to. Especially whilst trying to avoid riding through soft sand and sea water. Not a good combination for a bike!

cranberry
    Free Member

I'm on holiday for 5 of the next 6 weeks – work is fine.

🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

Yep real boring, but they'll never find the body parts.

MrNutt
    Free Member

terribly dull this…

really don't know how I'm managing to put up with this stress…

another tedious photo

its a dirty job but someone's gotta do it 😀

nicolaisam
    Free Member

In the first picture of the 3,Theres a drop i used to do,above the cave/hole on the left hand side of the picture.Theres also a load of jumps and drops just behind where you took this photo from.

krag
    Free Member

That's the most action your bike has seen since I borrowed it for a weekend 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

indeed there is Sam, some cracking runs around there! gonna go back and do em again on friday, plus a visit to "the track" in the evening, more coastal trail betweem then and now 🙂 woop! woop!

MrNutt
    Free Member

Krag have you managed to find "those" woods yet?

jj55

I'm public sector…………………. 😯

nicolaisam
    Free Member

The coast path from St agnes to portreath is a blinder mate.Big climbs and steep descents.St Agnes up the coast is quite good,Some stunning bits of singletrack and awesome sea views.

What time are you riding Friday?

krag
    Free Member

MrNutt: Nope, still can't find Swindon's answer to MTB Narnia. I did do Cwmcarn XC on the patriot tonight though – legs are shagged now!

scraprider
    Free Member

its weird, to dislike some one without meeting them :mrgreen: happy hols matey

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Everyone's in Cornwall! My mum, my lawyer, and now the Nutt!

Which one of you bitter folk just cursed me?

Ha! You want to see what I've got in store for you later this week….

CountZero

Tried riding the SS on the beach from Burnham-on-Sea towards Brean. Got to the old Victorian lighthouse and gave up, chuffing hard work and destroyed the chain.
    Work's damned busy, 1million mailing for Guide Dogs, 300k for Barnardo's, another 250k for Motability…
    Lots of charity fundraising going on.
    Another week and a half and I've got a fortnight off. Yowza! Can't wait, a week of that just chilling in South Devon, B&B at a pub. Perfect.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘How's work?’ is closed to new replies.