Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • How's the bank holiday weekend riding going?
  • geoffj

I've just returned from a 10 mile hikey bikey expedition. Found some new Singletrack and got muddy good and proper. Road ride tomorrow 🙂

what about you lot?

_tom_
    Free Member

If it doesn't rain I'm just gonna go up to the dirt jumps for a quick hour or 2 tomorrow 🙂 Same again on Monday probably. Got an exam on Tuesday so most of my time is spent revising at the minute!

jedi

rode today and then went to herts shore to do some building.
    hert shore tmrw/monday then coaching tuesday 🙂

ride life

knottie8
    Free Member

I rode a big Qs loop , some light rain but not enough to wear a coat. Tomorrow I may well go walking.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

just back from a 2 hour, 20 mile loop with mile DH into country park mucho fun!!!!

maybe squeeze a ride in Monday eve, need to build my brownie points up

dmiller
    Free Member

I snapped a saddle, wrecked a wheel and broke the remote lockout off my new rebas at laggan today. Also my knee is bleeding. Still. I had a good day tho! 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

1.5 solo in Stockhill until it started raining.

Solo trip to Afan tomorrow as blown out by mates! (if anyone wants to join me you are very welcome)

Kevevs
    Free Member

yeah, good day today. Think my body was just up for it! trying to work out a good "after work" ride. I've been all over the place, Knackered! . and that dry ski slope!

spacemonkey

I've recently been suffering with some mechanical karma that's really challenging my patience. Headed out this afternoon for a 3hr ride only for my new chain to snap for the third time in two weeks. This time, I had only one spare pin/link, but even that wouldn't sit properly, so ended up walking home and going for a 3hr run instead.

Really pi55ed off with this chain and going ask for a replacement.

worcs_red
    Free Member

Couple of hours in the Wyre Forest – good 😀

_tom_
    Free Member

Rubbish. Too windy for jumping (slowing me down too much) and I got a puncture so had to walk home – always seem to get that when its been raining :\

spacemonkey I feel your pain, always got something going wrong with my bikes.

jedi

off to herts shore to dig/maintain then ride later as it clears 🙂

Drac

Rode Friday evening just a short spin but it was bloody great fun http://connect.garmin.com/activity/31798184

Might head off out soon for a little gentle spin to the coast or near to it but early ride planned tomorrow at Alwinton, should be good.

oldgit
    Free Member

Chillin today after yesterdays race, hoping it dries up for Monday as I was hoping for a few hours on the road taking it easy before Tuesdays race, but it's cold wet and very windy.

xcstu
    Free Member

aah was meant to be racing at the Gorrick Enduro today… late up… 70miles, heavy rain and early start put pay to that ;-/

hopefully out tomorrow for a club social run 😉 typical bank hols weather!!

BigAirNig
    Free Member

Going to Surrey Hills tomorrow with a mate …… get a few hours in …. exploring the area from Coldharbour/Leith Hill which I only just found ….. nice to have found good riding half an hour from home !

How did I miss this for the past 10 years 'doh' !

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Going out for the first time in 10 weeks for a all day meander going to be taking it well easy 😐

Candodavid
    Free Member

out for a good 50 mile off/on roader tomorrow on SS

freeform5spot
    Free Member

20 km road and then 10km run tonight, proper ride tomorrow night!

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

ive done 60 miles over the last couple of days…im pretty chuffed with that as ive been off the bike for a few weeks and fitness has dropped a lot…just need to keep it up as im doing the trossachs ton in june…

spacemonkey

exploring the area from Coldharbour/Leith Hill which I only just found ….. nice to have found good riding half an hour from home !

How did I miss this for the past 10 years 'doh' !

You live 30 mins away and you've not clocked all the trailmongery that's been going on?

souldrummer
    Free Member

Was out Thursday evening mucking about over St Martha's and Newlands on the Alpine then have been on the road bike on Friday and Saturday. Mate wants to go on a recovery ride this afternoon but a lot depends on the rain as he isn't keen on getting wet. Tomorrow I want to take the Soul for a spin as I have got my Revs back from TF Tuned and want to see if I can grow to love it again now that the forks hopefully work better than they did.

Mackem

it hasnt, woke up with a stonking cold yesterday morning.No doubt it'll clear in time for me to go to work.

ando227
    Free Member

ventured up to golspie to ride the wildcat trails for the 1st time. Brilliant fun riding up and down. Have to say that lactic ladder is aptly named. Had a backside/woodland interface moment when i couldn't decide which line i was going to take, but overall a great ride.

ex-pat
    Free Member

I've rebuilt my DH bike in proper form (ditched the double ring, 'narrow' tyres etc) and am off to give it a run. I'm currently so unfit I'm not enjoying any lengthy rides (kids too, so rarely get the chance). Tomorrow should be interesting…

granny_ring

Hangover, pissing down & windy = sofa time

stumpyjon

Joined the Cragg Quarry ride yesterday led bu Ed-O, superb ride, fantastic new trails and we had near perfect riding weather, no wind, mild with a bit of sun. Busted a spoke on my rear wheel coming down the final descent so had to limp down slowly but even that didn't spoil a days fantastic riding. Might have to go up again tomorrow 😆

Northwind

Day off today, was trailbuilding at glentress yesterday and rode afterwards, not a long ride but really top quality. Should get out for a local ride tomorrow as well, assuming I have a bike that works 🙄

carbon337
    Free Member

Drac – i was at Cheviots today – its dry! Yes dry can you believe it?

Did a loop up towards windy gyle and back down Clennel street – cold wind though in exposed parts.

Thrunton woods tomorrow – playing at technical singletrack.

midlifecrashes

Couple of hours yesterday and today, local woods, Forks not behaving nicely though, so I guess a service is in order.

crazy-legs

I had a great road ride yesterday afternoon, only 45 miles but just kept winding it up and up. Snake Pass in the big ring (from the Ladybower side over to Glossop) then the screaming descent, I overtook a police car near the bottom at 45mph! 🙂 Nice afternoon, reasonable weather and really surprisingly quiet on the roads too.

Then today I did a couple of hours MTBing in the Peaks with a mate, a guy I used to ride with many years ago in London and haven't seen for ages so it was nice to catch up with him, showed him the best of the local trails, nice mix of cheek and legal and again, hardly saw a soul. Dry trails(!), decent weather, the only shame was that he only had about 3hrs so I had to miss out some of the trails I'd like to have included.

And tomorrow I get to chase a motorbike round in circles for 2hrs, Derny session at the velodrome. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Just been running this weekend. Going to get out tomorrow hopefully.

It is hard to get the motivation when you live in the flatlands….

supinerider
    Free Member

30+ miles of trails and my first proper go at dirt jumping. Perfect weather, trails and no bike problems apart from a stiff link.

Time for a cold one. 🙂

will
    Free Member

Road ride yesterday was great, until I got the further from home I planned and got a puncture. Had all the kit, car a spanner to take my wheel off! ride for 5 minutes/pump/ride/pump etc… That was fun…

Quick blast around the new trails at Cannock, which I was very very impressed with, and shall be going back soon!

Tomorrow a peaks ride 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

My 7 days of rest ends today so planning an all day ride as fitness test, the idea is a lap of Mabie Red, then road and forest over to Dalbeatie and a lap of Red. I have a target time will see how it goes!!

gothandy

2 flying solo laps of Cwmcarn, started in the rain … finished in the sun. Great.

ononeorange

Excellent Cotswold ride with Mrs Ononeorange yesterday (included a section around Cleeve Common which was superb), came home today then out tomorrow with a pal and his mrs. I'm really enjoying mtb'ing with Mrs, she's a really good rider now.

tazzymtb

lovely, took the big wheeler SS up into macc forest and surrounding peak district areas. Pedalmashalicious 😀

benji_allen
    Free Member

Hit some wet roots today while heading into a drop on a steepish slope. I went down, followed by the bike. My lid's knackered and I've got a headache.

samuri
    Free Member

Good offroad ride yesterday and hope to do the same again tomorrow. I did intend to get to the velodrome this evening but we've been out all day and by the time we got home I was too knackered to bother.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘How's the bank holiday weekend riding going?’ is closed to new replies.