Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • How's Gisburn fairing up?
  • augustuswindsock

Fancied paying a visit on saturday, is it worth a visit at the present time given the recent deluge in the north west recently?

neil853
    Free Member

Pretty well considering the amount of people riding it, there is one section which leads up to the slab section (climb up to it) that is now pretty boggy but the rest is still good. I think some trail repairs have been earmarked as part of the original budget. 😆

brant
    Free Member

Absolutely brilliant.

augustuswindsock

nice one, it's a goer then, looks like my mate Andy's new blue pig won't get too hacky then!

Blower
    Free Member

what the black downhill like at the mo?

Ed-O
    Free Member

Here's Nigel Page on the Black DH line yesterday. We were up there planning our skills weekend of 16-17th January click here for details

knott4me
    Free Member

I was there Sunday and the trails are a right mess.chewed up is an understatement.

MadBillMcMad

I was there Sunday and the trails are a right mess.chewed up is an understatement

just like real mountain biking then.

meowwww

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Where do the downhill tracks start from? I've been there twice, looked for them both times, but never been able to find them. Can someone give an OS grid ref for the start of the DH maybe?

steveh

If I'm right when you get the quarry area on the xc loop if you carry on along the fireroad with the quarry on your right the proper dh trails are down there on the left.

stumpyjon

steveh

that's right, the bit Nigel's on above is one of the black lines up by Whelpstone Crag.

grumm
    Free Member

just like real mountain biking then.

Sort of defeats the point of a trail centre though. I've not been for a while but certain sections were extremely muddy/boggy a few months ago so I imagine they are pretty fecked now. I know plans are afoot to sort it out though.

that's right, the bit Nigel's on above is one of the black lines up by Whelpstone Crag.

That's not the DH stuff though is it – or have I misunderstood you?

Ed-O
    Free Member

Just go to the Dog & Partridge. Tim the landlord has built the DH tracks and he can point you in their direction.

http://www.dogandpartridgetosside.co.uk/

Easy to find.

stumpyjon

grumm – you're right it's not the proper DH stuff, that's further into the forest, the bit in the photo is one of the black lines at the top of the XC stuff.

yetiguy
    Free Member

was there on the weekend, the "rollercoaster" was very muddy – Awesome !

speaker2animals

/Like Brants Hitler 'tache, very convincing.

Or is he really Ron Mael?

Ed-O
    Free Member

Nicola on the proper dh tracks

James's Turner

duntstick
    Free Member

Can you tell what it is yet?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘How's Gisburn fairing up?’ is closed to new replies.