• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by karlp.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • How's Gisburn at the moment?
  • jontykint
    Free Member

Thinking of going tomorrow, not ridden there yet. What the conditions like. Does it freeze up?

thecaptain
    Free Member

Not been there recently but I live close by and it’s about as wet as it gets round here. No sign of a freeze yet.

stumpyjon

Very wet at the mo, the fire roads can get dicey when it freezes although the single track tends to stay fairly rideable under the trees. The boardwalk can be interesting if it freezes.

martinhutch

Think it will be below freezing overnight so watch for ice on the boardwalks.

Don’t think the gritters have been around yet. 🙂

scaled
    Free Member

those boardwalks, in the frost/ice. owwwwwwwch

NewRetroTom

Was up there this evening. The snow was starting to fall at about 5 but not sticking. Think there could be a few inches on the ground by the morning though. ….

jontykint
    Free Member

Cheers
    Will check for snow in the morning

mintimperial

Don’t think the gritters have been around yet.

Have they still not installed that undertrail heating system? Jeez. 🙄

thepodge
    Free Member

Any news on this? I was thinking of popping in on my way back home

martinhutch

We had a light dusting on higher ground near Skipton so there will probably be a decent amount at Gisburn, well on the open sections and fire roads anyhow. Under the trees should be OKish.

RicB

Anything further?

Thinking of going tomorrow…

dukeduvet

Was there today walking but quite a few folks out on their bikes.

Roads up needed care and tonight (Saturday) it is forecast minus 5 so tomorrow early will be tricky..

Car park was really icy but trails looked ok, more ice than snow tbh.

Wish I had been riding mind!

sherpa87
    Free Member

I went today and did two laps of the lower part. The first lap I did the climb next to the hope line and when I got to the top there was a layer of snow, not very deep at all never the less I went back down the hope line and did another lap doing the same again. I love the bottom part of the 8 anyway. There was no snow on the bottom trails at all. A few deep puddles and a bit of frost but none where it mattered. Was great fun even though I feared the worst when I got close. Glad I didn’t choose Llandegla!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Degla’s pretty dry all year round, even the roads to it are looked after. The puddles at Gisburn could contain fish they’re so deep.

crofts2007
    Free Member

There are a group of us thinking of travelling up tomorrow (Monday) from Nottinghamshire, if anyone else goes today, would appreciate an update on conditions to help us decide whether it is worth the trip. 🙂

karlp
    Free Member

Been today 10am to 1pm.
    Getting there fine, some roads icy but no real issues.
    Trails great fun. Frozen, puddles, snow all good fun.
    We were blessed with bright sunshine & blue sky all day.
    I was riding a fat bike so all good. Other three on normal 26ers, some falls but nothing serious.
    Fortune favours the brave!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘How's Gisburn at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.