Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • How's riding conditions around Matlock?
  • jekkyl

Got a day off work next Wednesday and I fancied a white peak treat. Specifically considering the 5 dales route and would be starting at Dareley Dale with that horrible climb. There’s not been that much rain of late and a fair bit of wind so I’m figuring the slopppy slidey mud the white peak is famed for won’t be too bad. Any locals care to comment or should I look elsewhere?

theboatman
    Free Member

Gloopy in spots, but generally pretty good. I headed out from chatsworth end, over to Youlgreave and back via Birchover and over Beeley Moor yesterday afternoon. Sounds like a good plan to me, enjoy 🙂

munrobiker
    Free Member

Seems to be OK, not marvellous but not a bogfest yet either.

jekkyl

cheers lads, sounds good. It’s been about 3 years since I did the 5 dales route, is there much tech or is it mostly fast runs?

theboatman
    Free Member

From memory, that route is mainly off road, and in my old skool terms mainly xc, ie, bit of singletrack through wood’s, bridal way/ farm track over Beeley Moor, quarry roads and a couple of decent climbs to boot. Nothing desperately techy though, you might call some bits swoopy but no gnar if that’s what your after I’m afraid.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘How's riding conditions around Matlock?’ is closed to new replies.