Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Howies fanboy advice please
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Is the barrier jacket likey to be as light/warm as a synthetic quilted jacket?

http://www.howies.co.uk/product.php/3546/8/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Howies&utm_campaign=%C2%A380+for+80+hours&dm_i=6IA,BLTM,OYFG0,WPS0,1

2 lined tru’s are on sale just now, lined jeans, lined chino-things and jeans with a woven in woolen inner-face.

Are any of them likely to stay warm when wet?

All for those performance-critical trips to the mtb trail centre cafe 😎

ART

My OH has last years barrier hoody. It’s heavy so defo just for the cafe/ bimbling about. I reckon my down jacket is probably warmer. It would be so heavy when wet that worrying about warmth would probably be the least of your troubles. If you want something snug to stick on after a ride then it’s fine. 8) dunno about the trousers…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks. That was my concern…may hold off the beers in the hope of not buying 😉

johnny_met
    Free Member

yeah i’ve got last year’s barrier jacket – super toasty but very heavy. I reckon it would take a week to dry out if it ever got wet

JRTG
    Free Member

This years barrier is different inside. Last years has a mock sheep inside (reverisble too) however this years is more like a thin fleece. doubt it will be nearly as warm.

cynic-al
    Free Member

*bumps*

pigyn
    Free Member

I have a set of the winter warmer jeans from last year. They are super warm and a fantastic set of jeans. I have been wearing them through the snow and they remain warm, mainly as my boots protect my legs from the wet bits. If it was to piss it down they would get wet, be really heavy and get cold. They are jeans. With a liner sewn in.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Howies fanboy advice please’ is closed to new replies.