Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Howies Enduro – will all the Coed y Brenin trails be closed to non-participants?
  • boxfish
    Free Member

Heading up to Snowdonia from 4th – 7th October. Anyone know if CyB will be off limits whilst the Enduro is on?

tomaso
    Free Member

I think they are basing the start finish at the main VC so it seems like they will be taking over the area. Have you had a look at the Forestry website and the Howies enduro website for info?

boxfish
    Free Member

I emailed MBWALES a while back but received no response. I don’t do Facebook or Twitter…

dan11
    Free Member

I’d like to know this as well, as I planned to go for the weekend….

carlos
    Free Member

Done the event the last two years and tbh as long as you miss the start you should be Ok, as some of the route is on private land, paths, moorland and what not. But the route does loop back and pick up a fair bit and there have been queues where some “so called Mtb’ers walk sections” Afaik the trails are NOT closed but imo I’d not go if I wasn’t doing the event as I couldn’t be arsed with it all. I guess imagine you local trails with a good few hundred other riders on it the same day.

By all means go along and enjoy, but as I’ve said, if it were me, I’d **** it off and ride it some other time

Ninja edit – the event is Sunday so Sat should be just like a normal CYB Sat

boxfish
    Free Member

Cheers carlos, I think we may try Snowdon on Sunday instead, weather permitting…

Looks like we’ll be doing the following then…

Friday – Afan Argoed
    Saturday – Nant y Arian
    Sunday – Snowdon
    Monday – Cwm Carn

Looking forward to it. Will start offerings to the weather gods.

dti

Check – Nant yr Arian may be closed,

Climachx in Mach is good – especially the off pitse sections used in the gravity enduro last summer.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

@ Boxfish – nice! Epic weekend 😀

I’m pretty sure Nant is open (I live just down the road) – I haven’t seen any signs of imminent closure-ness recently

Enjoy…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Howies Enduro – will all the Coed y Brenin trails be closed to non-participants?’ is closed to new replies.