Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Howgill's/Bowderdale Beck
  • psycorp
    Free Member

Could any locals, or those that have visited very recently, give me an idea of the trail conditions around Bowderdale Beck at the moment?

Cheers.

dannyh
    Free Member

No idea, but you’re right to ask. I need to go back and do it again after stupidly riding it after a fortnight of rain a few years back.

7km of pedaling down a slop-filled rut when I was expecting to flow like a sick edit. Or something like that.

psycorp
    Free Member

😀

Funny you should say that Danny, it was finding your thread on here from 5 years ago that prompted me to ask!

thekettle
    Free Member

Saturated at the moment, after 2 weeks of storms and flooding. It doesn’t get very sloppy so it is rideable, but it’s like being continuously hosed from beneath, and is much draggier than in drier conditions. Plenty of dry (instant-draining) rock-based trails in the Lakes at the moment.

dannyh
    Free Member

Yeah, I got a bit punchy on that one, but it was my fault basically. 🙂

The scenery is stupendous, but I was looking forward to the beck descent and it was awful. I had a worn cleat that released from the pedal when I wanted it to stay put and vice versa into the bargain. It wasn’t the best day of riding ever, but still enjoyed the hills.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Howgill's/Bowderdale Beck’ is closed to new replies.