Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • How would you fare if you were attacked by a pack of dogs?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

This is an amazing tale of fortitude and kindness following a random attack by a pack of dogs in Turkey.

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page/?o=1&page_id=273087&v=t

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Scary with a capital S. Only ever been ‘bothered’ by farm dogs where a loud gobful of water has done the trick. Those things are a different thing altogether I’d imagine.

nick1962
    Free Member

Ouch!
    And judging by the other dog attack thread on here I suppose it depends what the victim looks like and what he does for a living before he will elicit any sympathy from some of the STW massive. 😉

andyl
    Free Member

a faith in humanity restoring story
    and ouch!

mogrim

Big ouch!

(And it seems that the other thread has disappeared, probably the right thing to do on a Friday night!)

mu3266
    Free Member

Not me personally but I can remember an article I read of a guys skeleton being found with the skeletons of 11 wolves around him. They worked out he had shot 7 of them & beaten another 4 to death before snapping his rifle in half and finally being over powered by what left of the wolves.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jeez have all the keyboard hard men been tucked up by mummy already?

epicyclo

cynic-al – Member
    Jeez have all the keyboard hard men been tucked up by mummy already?…

Nah, just been out all night killing 30 wolves. 🙂

tallgavin
    Free Member

Perhaps a pointless tip here….

Many rural dogs are used to hunting with their owners carrying guns. Whilst backpacking in Spain many years ago we were approached by a pack of very aggressive dogs definitely intent on harm! We were carrying hiking poles (hence the perhaps pointless tip!). A friend who was with us had been told on a previous trip that taking aim at a dog with an inanimate object would often scare the dog who would believe they were about to get shot. It worked for us on that occasion – we took aim with our ‘pretend’ guns and it did the trick. Failing that, a large rock aimed well also works!

DezB
    Free Member

Wow, what an amazing story. I only realised after I’d read it and scrolled back to the top that it was a woman. For some reason that made it a bit more shocking!

brakes
    Free Member

the wound sounds horrible, I’d be amazed if she’s back riding 2 weeks after that.

buttercup
    Free Member

Where’s TJ?!

baznav73
    Free Member

That’s pretty scary stuff, if it ever happened to me i’d be damn sure the dogs wouldn’t get off injury free.

Pigface
    Free Member

Jeeeezus that is a scary story, so pleased that they managed to get the help they needed.

billysugger
    Free Member

I’d be in bits.

boomboom.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘How would you fare if you were attacked by a pack of dogs?’ is closed to new replies.