• This topic has 20 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • How wet was your ride today?
  • Bikebreaker
    Free Member

So I woke up at 5 this morning and heard the rain and wind and thought great a lie in. The alarm went off at 6 and it was quiet. By the time I got in the kitchen it was hoofing it down again and I had not heard from anyone bailing out so off I went to Hope.

Only 1 no show so 7 of us set out in the wind and rain up to the Beast which was remarkably quick in the wet. We circled back up and headed down the way we came up from Hope stopping at the bridleway to the Beast to go back up the field and do it again it was so much fun.

By the time we set off back down the route into Hope it was like riding down a stream. We were soaked to the bone but all agreed it was still a good ride and loads of fun. We have set a level however and it will now be very difficult to bail out due to weather.

So how wet was your ride today and did you have as much fun as us?

fotorat
    Free Member

I was in Deepest North Devon last night and man was it blowing.

when I woke up this morning I was so glad I heeded the gale force wind warning last night – I took my anwing down in the dark!

as for riding – I could barely stand up in it!

mboy
    Free Member

So how wet was your ride today?

2nd wettest I've ever been on…

did you have as much fun as us?

Yes/No/Maybe… Hard to tell without being in both places at the same time! Was good fun though…

GW
    Free Member

very very wet! I love steep techy natural DH in the pissing rain it's ace!! (especially on dry tyres!) possibly the most fun day of the year. so glad I went.
    😀

jedi

at swinley we rode in rain for 10mins then the sun came out and it went all dusty and hot

i reckon richpenny is sunburnt

oldgit
    Free Member

Wet very wet. Only saw two other riders all day.

Stu_N

Wetter than an otter's pocket. Still a giggle though.

Just glad I was just doing a trail centre loop in the trees rather than something out in the hills with river crossings and stuff.

(EDIT – we were at the picnic tables at top of Spooky Woods for nearly 5 mins and no-one else was there at all. Almost unprecedented in weekend daylight hours)

goog
    Free Member

i went out yesterday …. it was beautiful

RichPenny
    Free Member

Aye, touch of heatstroke here 8)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

In Swinley, it was this wet…..

mboy
    Free Member

Aye, touch of heatstroke here

You got a license for them Guns Rich? 😉

Bikebreaker
    Free Member

[at swinley we rode in rain for 10mins then the sun came out and it went all dusty and hot]

We didn't see any sun round here until mid afternoon and then it didn't last long.

It was great fun though and made better by the lack of other people out. It's been very busy in the Peak this year. Everyone is going for a walk or a bike ride instead of spending money I think.

s8tannorm
    Free Member

I wasn't so bothered by the rain but the 40 foot tree that came down very, very nearby was a little off putting…the group I was instructing couldn't half run fast 😀

Stuart

jedi

richpenny, we got ourselves 2 tickets to the gun show

tonyg2003

rode the Pronghorn enduro this morning and it was the wettest ride I've had in ages. It bascially bucketed down before the event and for the first 1.5hrs. The whole place was a complete mudpit and some of the berms were filling up way over the axels. Great fun!

slowrider
    Free Member

what ride? been at work since 7am, here till 10pm!

did parkin clough the other day in the wet though, thats a treacherously cheeky fecker i tell you!

Curly68
    Free Member

My son took part in his first race in the Thetford MTB Winter Series Rd1. As he is 11 I had to chaperone him. It was wet and windy! Poor little sod was wet through and managed one lap out of two. He said he enjoyed it though and wants to enter the next one!

carlos
    Free Member

Probably the worst conditions I've been out in and don't start me on the wind!!!

Had a great ride though

69er
    Free Member

My mate got blown off twice 😯

Toddboy
    Free Member

22 degrees and sunny this morning. Not a cloud in the sky. 😆

jedi

kona_ona – Member

My mate got blown off twice

that would round off an awesome day 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘How wet was your ride today?’ is closed to new replies.