Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • How to Whip (tips) on your mtb!
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

ok so im not new to jumping but i just want to know how to throw a nice whip over table tops, jumps where ever! im finding it impossible :/ i can get some hight fine, i can clear tables fine, i can bar spin, ive been looking into whips and all i find my self doing at the moment is slowly tweaking the back end, it comes out a bit but just does not feel right at all i think its more of a tail tweak lol, any jumpers out there that can whip please tell me how or give me some good starting tips as this is what im working on, i see everyone doing it at my local trails and it just looks so awesome so please any tips on whips my way! 😀 Thanks guys..

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I finally figured it: Take off then try to land about a metre off line to one side. The turning motion causes the back to start overtaking the front. Straighten up just before landing.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

thats what im already doing, im sorta taking off on the left so i get fired over to the right the back end swings out to the right and straighten up but its nothing like the whips i see :/

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Do it more? 😉

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

yes but its all guessing, id rather be shown or told so i know im doing the right thing lol

kayak23

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FwdaxRkYpaM[/video]

ryderredman
    Free Member

I have no idea how to. As I’m a wimp and too scared to try. When I watch people though it seems to all be in the bars/hips.

SOAP
    Free Member

Don’t go straight up the jump, carve the transition of the take off.

moniex
    Free Member

I’ll ask my 13 year old, but I wouldn’t hold my breath on an informative answer…

Simone

ekul
    Free Member

Ask Creedy off this forum, he’s the definitive whip master

darrenspink
    Free Member

Watch this and practice.

[video]http://youtu.be/qHnGQPsIyhw[/video]

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Not that I can but I do believe you twist your grips on opposite directions, or so I was told.

andymc06
    Free Member

lol @ ekul

martinxyz
    Free Member

How to whip by Olly shows no whip. He just launched a hip?! I like what was said at the drop in near the start, too ;O)

creedy
    Free Member

All in the hips :). Who needs brothers that are jealous of my hwhipping. Cheers

Speeder

That German/Swiss? guy’s whips are horrible. Really forced, clipped-in leg pushes.

It’s a fine line but if you’re straightening your legs to get them you’re cheating (and they look s**t)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘How to Whip (tips) on your mtb!’ is closed to new replies.