Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • How to stop yourself becoming Mr Creasote?
  • binners

Since packing in smoking a few months ago (yay me! etc etc) I’ve found, like most people do, I’ve piled the weight on. Its like Kate Moss giving up the Malborough and Coke, She’d look like Jo Brand in no time I’m sure. Actually… I may have been ever-so-slightly less svelte than Kate. A little bit, anyway. My moobs are bigger.

I’ve been doing quite a few commuting miles in (25 mile round trip), and the off road miles, so it could be worse.

The problem is that I’ve basically find myself grazing all day, a bit like a heiffer ( I also fart like one too, but thats another issue). So how the hell do I get out of the habit I’ve got into? Its too bloody easy to reach for the crisps and/or pies/sausage rolls/pepperami’s

Any words of wisdom and advice/noisy renditions of who-ate-all-the-pies/oi fatty comments/abuse gratefully received

Now…. is it lunchtime yet…..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So how the hell do I get out of the habit I’ve got into? Its too bloody easy to reach for the crisps and/or pies/sausage rolls/pepperami’s

Move them further away (or more realistically don’t buy any)
    Take your food for work for the day and no cash.

footflaps

Pick a fight with Hora, get him to break your jaw and then get it wired.

Unless you start liquidising deep fat fried mars bars, the weight will just drop off and you’ll be back to size zero before you could say ‘taxi to A&E, please.’

footflaps

Move them further away

I thought he worked in Greggs?

JEngledow
    Free Member

I think this image says a lot:

RustySpanner

I’m on the whisky diet.
    Lost three days already.

jekkyl

I have the same problem, start the day with good intentions, I might even prepare a healthy lunch the night before and then roundabout 11.45 with my team colleagues, we’re all like ‘what shall we do for lunch?’ If someone else is going to morrisons for lunch then it’s all too easy to ask them to get you some chicken and wedges and then your good intentions are all for nothing. Having a nice lunch gives you something to look forward to as well. The only and simplest answer is more self control, just stop doing it…….

derek_starship
    Free Member

You mean you are no longer built like Jarvis Cocker like you were back in 2011…

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2177/2940886/20651409/408847127.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

mark88

Remove the temptation. I am perfectly happy eating healthy until there are crisps, biscuits etc on offer then there’s no stopping me
    Do your food shop online so you only buy what you need and aren’t led astray by bargains on half price McCoys at the end of aisles.
    If you’re bringing lunch to work then stop carrying cash so you aren’t able to pick up a pie

wordnumb
    Free Member

Ghetto gastric band using an old inner tube and some zip ties. *

* Not approved by medical professionals. I assume.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ve found, like most people do, I’ve piled the more weight on

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

The “my fitness pal” app is working for me.

lowey

Cant help you on the food / beer front mate, as you well know I have a certain amount of extra “carriage” myself. Just wanted to give you a big slap on the back for kicking the cigs though. Well done.

brassneck

Fizzy water, the Tyler Hamilton diet.

binners

Cheers Lowey!

Derek – I’d actually managed to lose some of the beach-ball-up-my-top, but its quite amazing how quickly I’ve put it back on since packing in smoking. It coincided with time off the bike with injury, to make things worse.

So I’m making a concerted effort to put more miles in (its actually sunny outside at the moment!). But just looking for pointers on how to stop grazing all bloody day

DezB
    Free Member

I think this image says a lot:

Yeah? What language is it speaking? cos me no comprende

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Tetris

Researchers at Plymouth University have revealed people who are dieting could reduce cravings for fatty foods and snacks by playing Tetris. Through studies on volunteers psychologists say playing three minutes of the game can distract the user’s brain long enough so they can stave off the cravings

wordnumb
    Free Member

JEngledow
    Free Member

But just looking for pointers on how to stop grazing all bloody day

Rather than stopping the grazing just change what you graze on, instead of buying crisps or biscuits (fatty processed foods) get some fruit and veg and graze away on that!

yossarian
    Free Member

There is a very simple and effective method to reducing over eating.

Try turning your head to the left as far as you can, the do the same on the right hand side.

The next time someone offers you some chips do this exercise three or four times straight away.

Nice tits btw.

wwaswas

I used to put an apple on my desk and say to myself;

The next snack I eat will be that apple

I could get 2 or 3 days out of one apple.

Not really liking apples helped, I had to be really hungry to eat it.

core

Not according to the thread I started, fruit was claimed to be very bad for you, veg ok, but most said the same – just don’t graze, and train yourself to eat less.

fasthaggis

Take your food for work for the day and no cash.

That ^^

and

Rather than stopping the grazing just change what you graze on, instead of buying crisps or biscuits (fatty processed foods) get some fruit and veg and graze away on that!

and

Don’t eat the kid’s leftovers 🙂

It’s a tough gig Mr B ,but it will get easier .

fasthaggis

Not really liking apples helped, I had to be really hungry to eat it.

Weirdo 😉

Bunnyhop

Fantastic that you’ve quit the cigs Binners, big hug from me.

Take a big bag of salad to work and nibble that, also have a pint of water to fill you up, sitting by your side.

binners

Cheers Bunnyhop. I pride myself on my salad-dodging usually. On account of it having very little in common with a cheese and onion pasty. Looks like I may have to redress this 😥

MaryHinge
    Free Member

We stopped buying biscuits and crisps and snack stuff when we did the weekly shop. It’s harder when you have kids though.

But it is down to simply not buying the snacks, and if you must, buy some fruit.

Oh, and running helps if you can do that. 5km 3 times a week.

And yeah, well done on the fags thing, thats hard and shows that you have the willpower.

Maybe just have fat friday, and live like a monk the rest of the week?

core

Definitely stop buying crisps/biscuits/chocolate/snacks, just don’t have them in the house, or get your other half to hide them.

Another good tip – don’t carry cash, I know it seems stupid, but cash points are everywhere these days and nearly everywhere takes cards if you really NEED to spend any money on stuff other than food. I find that if I don’t have cash/change on me, I generally don’t pop into the garage or shop for snacks/unhealthy food/drink, even if I’m hungry.

soobalias
    Free Member

aim for your total calories divided into six meals a day, all of them protein and veg.

if you manage to crave in between those, pint of water will get you to your next ‘meal’

beefheart
    Free Member

Make yourself be sick every time you eat something.

sweaman2
    Free Member

If you’re hungry drink some water… if you’re still hungry have a carrot or similar… if you’re still hungry then think about something more substantial.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

The problem is that I’ve basically find myself grazing all day, a bit like a heiffer

Have you actually tried the heiffer diet ?

Its an acquired taste and very cheap, a ton of silage will cost less than a big Aldi shop, the high fibre content will soon have your innards spic and span!

clubber
    Free Member

Too much focus is on the ‘not eating’ or ‘what to eat’ mechanics of weight loss. Why do you want to lose weight? Focus on that. If you’re not really motivated to do it then you’ll never actually manage it. This is also a big help if like many you eat as a distraction or because you’re bored (eg at work!)

Of course, you can help avoid temptation by following suggestions above about not buying the snack and so on but you’ll also have to accept that you will be hungry, especially while you get used to eating less. That’s where being clear on your motivation helps.

So basically it’s all in the head. Think of hora trying to fatten you up because he has a secret feeder fetish – maybe that could be motivation?

molgrips
    Free Member

So how the hell do I get out of the habit I’ve got into?

Same way you kick smoking. MTFU!

yetidave
    Free Member

I’ve lost 1.5stone in four days on the food poisoning diet. Not sure I would totally recommend it though.

BadlyWiredDog

Take a big bag of salad to work and nibble that, also have a pint of water to fill you up, sitting by your side.

I would read that and use it as motivation to ride more. Every extra mile is a little bit less salad. Or something like that. Since I became addicted to reading diet and nutrition threads on STW, I have lost any idea of what I’m supposed to eat. The one constant in my life is that if you ride a lot, you can eat wtf you like within reason and the law.

I would take anything Molgrips says with a large ladle of full-fat salad dressing btw, this is the man who lived on the edge of the Peak District and couldn’t find any local trails worth riding 🙂

ps: please don’t hit me with your logic stick, Moley…

molgrips
    Free Member

this is the man who lived on the edge of the Peak District and couldn’t find any local trails worth riding

Not quite true.. I couldn’t find any trails FROM MY HOUSE worth riding 🙂

Anyway.. Awesome salad i used to make at work, being a massive salad hater: bag of watercress, spinach etc, can of spicy beans warmed up pack of spicy Mexican chicken, grated cheese, salsa hot sauce. Obv split into sensible portion sizes before assembly and eating.

Squidlord
    Free Member

There’s no hope – you might as well do yourself in:

(I’m in exactly the same boat, if it helps).

hora
    Free Member

Binners I’d rather be chubbier than a losing addict and slave to all the paedos at tobacco companies.

Use will power. I dropped 3lb last week. I feel soooo much better already.

thejesmonddingo

That’s nothing hora,I dropped £100 last week,***horses.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘How to stop yourself becoming Mr Creasote?’ is closed to new replies.