Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How to stop Word changing dates?
  • grum
    Free Member

ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!! 👿

Word keeps changing my dates to American style formatting. I’ve switched Auto Correct off but it’s still doing it. A quick google only finds quite involved nerdy solutions. Surely there must be an option to stop it doing this!!!! Word for Mac 2011 BTW.

wwaswas

I think in windows it picks up the localisation settings from the machine it’s running on. Not sure why Mac’s woudl be different?

grum
    Free Member

Thanks, it won’t seem to let me switch from English (US) as the language. Why the hell you can’t switch off the ‘feature’ anyway I have no idea.

molgrips
    Free Member

You can switch it off, it’s in auto-correct options afaik. And yes just change your input locale. You should be able to set it in the control panel.

grum
    Free Member

Input locale is now changed to English UK. It’s still doing it.

And I can’t see a date option anywhere in auto correct settings – and auto correct is now switched off anyway. Googling a few threads suggests you can’t switch it off. Seriously poor piece of software design.

:shakes head:

Milkie
    Free Member

Sounds like whoever installed your OS & Office did not do it correctly, rather than poor software design. But M$ are shit a lot of the time. 😉

grum
    Free Member

Sounds like whoever installed your OS & Office did not do it correctly

How so? Region settings for the Mac OS are set to UK, and the default language is now set to English (UK).

Aha, looks like it’s because the template I’m using was created on a US language version – but still, why is there not an option to just switch off the ‘feature’? Ridiculous.

rs
    Free Member

I read that as world changing dates and figured you were sick of the speculation about the end of the world this year…

grum
    Free Member

Yeah I’m really sick of that too. 🙂

stever
    Free Member

it won’t seem to let me switch from English (US) as the language.

Ctrl-A to select everything. Click the little doo-dad at the bottom saying English (US). Change to English UK.

grum
    Free Member

Yup sorted that now thanks, but the problem persists. Will just have to make my own template.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How to stop Word changing dates?’ is closed to new replies.