• This topic has 22 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by dale.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • how to stop cats peeing in your garden
  • trout
    Free Member

well it made me giggle a bit the lengths folks go to to stop cats doing their thing

Bastid cats getting their comeuppence

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Brilliant

project
    Free Member

Absolutely fantastic video,i so want to rig a similar thing up to deter bike thieves,

IanMunro
    Free Member

😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

unklehomered
    Free Member

meh… humane…

does he cover how to stop the little b*st*rds digging up my beetroot and shitting in the hole?

Seriously if I let my dog wonder round your garden digging stuff up and leaving you presents you’d complain, maybe even call the police and rightly so…

CountZero

Little bastards like to crap in the gravel under my car, and also right under my drivers door, deeply unpleasant stink in the car when you step in it because it’s been sort of covered over. Vile creatures.
    They also hang around under my Acer where I have feeders hanging. 😡

unklehomered
    Free Member

I just realised instead of a hose pipe you could use a nailgun…

IanMunro
    Free Member

Seriously if I let my dog wonder round your garden digging stuff up and leaving you presents you’d complain, maybe even call the police and rightly so…

That’s why smart people have cats, people complain on the internet instead and don’t call the police 😀

paddy0091
    Free Member

@ unklehomered maybe you should move to a remote area without cats? your problem really, animals couldn’t care!

unklehomered
    Free Member

I live in the Yorkshire dales, it doesn’t get that much more remote… If only claymores were legal…

randomjeremy
    Free Member

When I lived in the states the groundsmen in my neighbourhood used to use some kind of predator urine extract to keep animals off the gardens, I think maybe it was Wolf.

Cougar

Yeah, that’d do it.

trout
    Free Member

bump for the day crowd

zippykona

Next doors cat pooed in my car.
    I used to think the only good cat is a dead cat. Then I realised there’s a very good use for them in vivisection.
    Honestly I have a pathological hatred of cats.

DezB
    Free Member

One thing I conclude from that video: Cats’ reaction times are awesome!

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Got a problem with Cats using our garden as a big litter tray.

Any suggesting for deterring the little *&^£s?

breadcrumb

We got an ultrasonic doodah from Wilkos. It took a couple of weeks for the cats to figure out where the horrible noise was coming from but no cat shit since. Filthy little creatures.

dannyh
    Free Member

1 fishing catapult + dried peas + a good hiding place + patience + a steady hand = solution with the added bonus of being dashed good fun to boot.

Actually grey squirrels make better ‘game’ when they’re trying to destroy our bird feeders becuase they stop again about 30 – 40 metres away, giving me the opportunity to brush up on my long range shooting as well.

There’s something incredibly therapeutic about messing about with catapults again. 🙂

CountZero

Actually, a propane-powered potato gun would be pretty good, but you’d need a substantial fence to stop the potato going straight through…
    …The cat wouldn’t return, though 😈
    Just thought, a blowpipe with blunt-tipped darts would be good fun.

Mikkel
    Free Member

I dream about the day it will be legal to shoot cats roaming in your garden.
    For now a stash of rocks at the door will have to do.
    Would love to rig something up like in the video, maybe add vinegar or similar to the water.

Gorehound
    Free Member

Saucer of milk and crushed asprins. Job done.

Sandwich

Paintball gun instead? There’s a you tube video of a full motion controlled one somewhere. Bonus is that the painted cat should end up messing the owners house on their return.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxBa5bQfTGc[/video]

dale
    Free Member

live with a bull lurcher job done 😉

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘how to stop cats peeing in your garden’ is closed to new replies.