Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How to send by Parcelforce?
  • ChrisE
    Free Member

How does Parcelforce sending things work? I want to send a bike. Asuming I box it up, do they come to my house to collect it then deliver to the other person or is there a requirement to take it to a warehouse/mail centre? I was looking at the £15.50 job for 48 hour service.

C

Bimbler
    Free Member

Yep pretty much you box it up, they give you the option of printing off your own labels or will bring some pre printed ones, you can pay a bit extra to have them pick it up or save the cash by dropping it off at their centre, it's a doddle.

colnagokid

parcelforce have a max size for parcels so you need a smallish bike box

ChrisE
    Free Member

Any idea what the 'bit extra' for collection is? I can't seem to see it on their website.

C

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I just take it to the local post office

ChrisE
    Free Member

Post office is good. The only size restriction i can see is max 3m long to the UK

meikle_partans
    Free Member

i think that is 3m total length, 1.5m being the longest side you can have.

Post office:
    Send parcels up to 1.5m long and up to 20kg*
    *Combined length and girth of your item must not exceed 3m

Parcel force:
    Maximum parcel length 1.5m and 3m maximum length and girth combined
    Individual parcel limit 30kg

colnagokid

took a boxed bike to local post office for parcelforce to collect, they measured it, and the measurements added up had to less than a certain sze. Might have changed now, just trying to be helpful

4ags4
    Free Member

Have you checked interparcel.com always found them much more convenient and easier to use than Parcelfarce

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Second interparcel -used them for everything – much more efficient and cost effective than parcel farce / royal fail.

Think i paid <£20 for a frame with insurance to full value >£2k.

ChrisE
    Free Member

Ta, I'll let you know how I go on

C

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How to send by Parcelforce?’ is closed to new replies.