Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • How to ride on the road – an information thread.
  • DezB
    Free Member

Ride according to the road width, road layout, traffic conditions, weather, your speed, etc.

THERE ARE NO HARD AND FAST RULES WHICH FIT EVERY CONDITION.

_tom_
    Free Member

Fix spikes to your axles so you can take them out properly.

chakaping
    Free Member

Don’t be surprised when three motorists try to kill either you or themselves in the course of a one-hour ride.

Today I had…

1. Car overtaking me uphill on narrow road, causing oncoming vehicle to brake hard to avoid collision.

2. Another car overtaking around 10 metres before blind 90 degree bend, putting him in oncoming lane as he went round corner.

3. Driver so intent on turning right at lights before they went red that she almost wiped me out.

… just wanted to vent.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    antigee

urban roads are safer

possibly true as in the lower speed of most traffic on the majority of urban roads means that accidents tend to be of the cuts, bruises and breaks that will heal type whilst collisions at high speed on rural country roads and main roads figure in the KSI (killed or seriously injured) data

what p155es me off about some urban cycle routes is that to avoid the type of urban road that is potentially life threatening to cyclists signed routes will skirt through industrial estates, roads packed with parked cars and building entrances, junctions with poor visibility etc etc – resulting in potential (or actually in ) more minor accidents – rather than try to improve the ability of those in metal boxes to share space on the straight line routes

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘How to ride on the road – an information thread.’ is closed to new replies.