Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How to remove 14.7mm eyelet bushings?
  • ctrl
    Free Member

Hey all

I’ve searched on here and google but so far haven’t had any luck. I was going to replace my DU Bushings on my Cane Creek Double Barrel (2015 year) and thought it’d be an easy task yet I’m struggling to find a way to remove my old eyelet bushings.

I know there’s the socket method with a vice but I sadly don’t have a vice, although at this rate I’m contemplating purchasing a table one.

Every tool I seem to find online is only for 12.7mm bushings so I believe would not work on mine, am I correct in this as my new bushings are 14.7mm?

Any help or any links to relatively inexpensive tools that would work for this greatly appreciated 🙂

singlespeedstu

TF Tuned sell bush removal tools for all the CC shocks.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

cut a slot in it with a hacksaw (carefully)

singlespeedstu

^^^ that’s maybe not a good idea if you’re asking on here how to remove the bush…

kaiser
    Free Member

can’t you just push it out using the new bush / G clamp / socket and a penny?
    then use the old bush to get the new one in a little further and central . Not the best description but hopefully you get the idea . maybe doesn’t work on some shocks but i think i used that method years ago when renewing bushes.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Cc need a tool that’s just for them and not a fox/rock shox size one.

But without a vice your left with g-clamp or threaded stud type probably home made tools

Trekster

Local machine shop can make you one, made my own @ work….

As above… http://www.tftuned.com/tech-help/27-mount-kits-and-bushings-fitting-removing
    I fitted the heavy duty kit to my old Kona, made quite a difference

ctrl
    Free Member

Cheers all. The only tool on TF Tuned that looks like it’d do the job just says ‘available’ and no actual price. Have dropped them an email to see if they still stock it. Never thought about using a vice and the new bushing to push it through, would be worried it might get damaged though.

100mph
    Free Member

As Kaiser said above, it’s a doddle and I’ve used that method on every shock I’ve ever had.

If you haven’t got a vice or G-clamp, use a threaded rod and 2 nuts/washers or a long nut and bolt. or as a last resort, you can use a small hammer to tap it in.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How to remove 14.7mm eyelet bushings?’ is closed to new replies.