Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How to post something to someone whilst they’re away on holiday
  • Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Want to post a “get well” card etc to my Mum who’s ended up in hosptial on the Orkney Isles whilst fossil hunting, don’t ask! Not sure how long she’ll be in, so little point in sending it to the hosptial. Wondering if I can post it to the main post office and they can collect it from there? They’re campervaning on the islands, so they’ve no fixed abode at the mo. Any ideas?
    Cheers

coffeeking
    Free Member

Not sure there’s much point is there? You’d have to call them to get them to pick it up, you might as well just say get well soon over the phone, and its much more personal! Without a fixed address to send it to the post office won’t hold it, thats what PO boxes are for, and they cost.

davidr

You can send stuff to the post officr if you mark it ‘post restante’. Might be worth checking on the internet for the proper procedure though.

coffeeking
    Free Member
    Chase
    Free Member

Send it ‘Care of’ another address. See if your mum can suggest an address to send it to. Without the local delivery office expecting its arrival it would probably get sent back to sender.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

You lot are ace. Thanks very much.

ourmaninthenorth

Post restante saved my sanity when travelling years ago (before wide availability of the internet). Picking up mail is always a good thing, even if one is in contact by phone.

cynic-al
    Free Member

what OMINN said. Letters and cards are nicer than emails!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How to post something to someone whilst they’re away on holiday’ is closed to new replies.