• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How to open rear door with child lock when central locking fails
  • bigsurfer
    Free Member

On our beloved but elderly 51 plate passat the central locking on one of the rear doors has failed with the door shut and locked and the child locks are on so you can’t use the internal handle to open it.

Any ideas how to get it open so I can put the central locking off while I get a new central locking motor.

We have 2 small children so only using one door is not an easy option.

Can’t get the internal door skin off with the door shut either.

Cheers for any advice.

coffeeking
    Free Member

You’ll have to remove the door card. This may require removal of the seat swabs first.

StuF

Our Sharan cl failed – not sure if its the same but…

pull the door handle from the inside, door doesn’t open but does trigger the unlocking – the door can then be opened from the outside

z1ppy

Might be silly but I’ll ask anyways, you have tried the key in the drivers door, not just the key fob… though if you believe it is the locking motor this may not work, but I thought I’d ask anyways
    (my focus’s doors occasionally get a little silly & flustered with the fob, but the main doors controls always ‘works’) .

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice but none of the above suggestions have worked.

I will try to remove the seat tonight and see if I can get something in to turn the child lock off, unfortunately the VW child lock is a quarter turn rather than the old style lever you only had to flick.

Any other advice greatly received.

IHN

One more thing to try (which works on my T5 passenger door which has ‘sticky’ central locking); repeatedly bang the door by the lock whilst working the central locking – might be a sticky solenoid that’s stopping the lock ‘popping’.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How to open rear door with child lock when central locking fails’ is closed to new replies.