Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • How to get the smell out of smelly gloves?
  • davemcc43

I've got some cycling gloves that really smell.

I've tried machine washing, hand-washing, soap, detergent, etc, etc, but they still smell like they are sweaty/damp/mouldy.

Has anyone got any old-wives tricks that may help?

DAVE

Drac

If you go to your local swimming pool it may have one of the de-ordouriser (?sp) mahcines that look like a microwave, stick it in one of those it's about £1.

Mounty_73

I soak mine in hot water & a splash of fairy washing up liquid, seems to work for me.

wwaswas

my experience with that 'mould smell' in anything porous is that it always comes back as soon as the item gets damp again.

you could try a weakish bleach solution but that may damage any thing stretchy.

woody2000

Napisan is your friend. Good for smelly riding gear full stop 🙂

Diane
    Free Member

I keep the smell of my 5:10's at bay (As they are constantly soaked) with a spray of dettox before drying as fast as possible

spesh
    Free Member

This is good stuff !

JAG

Make sure they are good and dry and then pop them in a clean freezer bag and stick them in the Freezer over night. -22 Celsius kills all the germs that are causing the smell.

imp999
    Free Member

Not sure how relevent but I have stopped my Teva sandals stinking by soaking in vinegar.

chutney13
    Free Member

i was just about to give a flippant answer of vinegar, cos all of wives tales revolve round vinegar.

personally fabreze is my friend.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

stop sniffing your gloves you perv 🙁

Divagirl
    Free Member

woody2000 – Member
    Napisan is your friend. Good for smelly riding gear full stop

+1

chutney13
    Free Member

smell the glove

DM52
    Free Member

Spesh +1 http://www.germwarfaredirect.co.uk/products/halo-proactive-sports-wash/ – although the delivery cost is a little steep, but 2 to even it out a bit.

2-sevens-clash
    Free Member

motorcyclist sitting near me says +1 for sticking them inthe freezer.

If the aircon in you car starts a-reeking set it to maximum (ie coldest possible) then leave it running for 10 minutes; same process kills the stinky bacteria in that as it does in your pongy old mittens.

tomhughes46

I washed mine in Dettol solution. Now they stink of Dettol, but it's an improvement…

Albanach
    Free Member

A teaspoon of bicarbonate soda in each glove mighht work as it works is trainers

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘How to get the smell out of smelly gloves?’ is closed to new replies.