Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • How to get rid of a car?
  • Harry_the_Spider

I’m getting a new one soon so The Mighty Vectra has to go. If I can’t part ex it what is the easiest way of getting shut?

dannybgoode

Mrs D got in touch with a firm that collected cars for the fire service to use for training.

Would have cost her to even scrap it…

njee20
    Free Member

Webuyanycar if you really just want shot.

cr500dom
    Free Member

local auction

crazy-legs

webuyanycar

You won’t get much for it – they’ve evolved into a complete bunch of rip-off merchants but at least it’s quick and easy.

Or sell it on here, they’re great bike carrying cars. Sell it to Chipps or Jenn, I think they both need “new” cars… 😉

johndoh
    Free Member

Speak to someone down the pub and do an insurance job on it.

maccruiskeen

If ‘get rid’ as in sell quickly then a good description and a low starting price on ebay. If ‘get rid’ as in scrap then make sure its going through a legitimate route (registered ATF) and you get a certificate of destruction otherwise things can get a bit dicey (in the max penalty £20k and 6 months in clink sense)

footflaps

Would have cost her to even scrap it…

Nonsense, you get £200 at least for anything as scrap. I got £250 for my Golf a few months back (and they collected).

VanHalen

if you dont get a reasonable amount for scrap you are being shafted. price of recycleable metals is quite high at mo i think.

D0NK

webuyanycar…at least it’s quick and easy.

dont they have a clawback thing incase the car develops problems?

hora
    Free Member

Whats wrong with it? i.e sell it privately?

On webuyanycar- when you get to the handover point, they are targeted on assessing your car down (i.e on price further). They were told off this and said they had/were changing their ways but really if you tick a form saying “small scratch here” they can easily say at handover ‘thats a full panel respray realistically.

hooli

ebay, I have sold 5 cars without issue all for a lot more than webuyanycar or similar.

I know some people say it is a lot of hassle but the last car I sold for my mum got her £1200 more than webuyanycar offered. I make that £2400 per hour for the work involved and the guy came to fetch it.

jekkyl

I’ve heard similar stories about them webuyanyshed.com
    I’d ebay it, list it up honestly on a 3 day auction, much better chance of selling if it’s got a fresh MOT of course.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Dump it in a hedge..

or

Viking Funeral..

😆

Harry_the_Spider

Hora, YGM.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Just wait for a Nigerian to knock on your door.

oh, hang on…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘How to get rid of a car?’ is closed to new replies.