Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • How to get onto my roof
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

I need to get up onto the roof of my house but without renting scaffold I’m not sure how to do it.

I have some ladders that will reach the height but if I put them high enough I will crush the gutter.

Any ideas?

philconsequence
    Free Member

sky dive

trampoline

build a ramp and ride up

all cheaper than scaffolding

allthegear
    Free Member

All depends if there’s an airfield nearby I guess. Fun though…

Rachel

wwaswas

you can get standoff bars that hold the ladder away from the gutter;

http://www.laddersafetysupplies.co.uk/laddermax.shtml

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hire / buy the proper kit. there are a variety of ladder standoffs for this google standoff ladder in images you get lots

I_Ache
    Free Member

When I did my skydive I landed quite heavily and I think if I tried to land on my roof I would go through it!

The trampoline isnt too bad an idea but I fear getting caught on the sky dish.

A ramp would be a great idea I could build 2 and have a Hoffman style vert out the back.

project
    Free Member

You need some sky hooks from http://WWW.project.co.uk, get the heavy duty ones they always work wel for me, oh and best to order the long weight as well to counterbalance the rotational effect produce if faceing south.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i understand your worries about the sky dish, but have you considered the other benefits a trampoline could bring?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efZmqGCga2w&feature=related[/video]

sharki
    Free Member

Rest it on the gutter, never had one break on me.

Once up there pop out one of the brackets and let the gutter if plastic, twist and contort, resting against the roof material,with caution on old slate. Tying eye screwed into the fascia, or plugged hole in masonry and ladder secured to it.

If it’s metal guttering the ladder if metal will slip like crazy.

Get at least 5 rungs above the gutter line as you’ll want as much a poss up there for when you come down off the roof(ladder).

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Prison break! Access the loft and go out from there. Has worked for generations of shit & tile throwing “innocents”.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Climb up your chimney.

TheBishop
    Free Member

Prison break! Access the loft and go out from there. Has worked for generations of shit & tile throwing “innocents”.

Not such a daft idea. cut a hole in your felt and carefully remove some slates.

This has to be the easiest way in and out of a building.

shortcut

Jump from an adjacent roof!

Or use a grappling hook and rope old Batman style, then walk up the wall!

sweepy
    Free Member

This has to be the easiest way in and out of a building.

except perhaps the door?

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

Lol. No really, I did.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘How to get onto my roof’ is closed to new replies.