• This topic has 45 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by nuke.
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • how to get a nice clean bike..??
  • pop-larkin
    Free Member

Rigid Ss=very little cleaning 😆

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I put Pledge on my frame after cleaning as I find it helps with repelling dust etc on the next ride.

Dust?
    WTF is Dust?

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Autosmart Hazsafe 5l can dilute to 50+L

Its non Caustic and suitable for alloys etc…

HAZSAFE XLS

An excellent TFR, which leaves a shiny finish. It is classified as non-hazardous and is therefore COSHH exempt. Suitable for use on brightwork as it is designed to be non-staining.

Kevevs
    Free Member

buy bike. don’t ride bike. Bike remains clean apart from dust. Dust density is a major signifier of quality when it comes to selling original antiques.

Lube it and ride it. It’s supposed to get a bit messy otherwise yer doing it wrong. hoo err

grum
    Free Member

I don’t really clean anything apart from the chain and fork seals. Maybe clean the rest every few months. I swear lots of people create problems by cleaning bikes too much.

nuke

I fail to see the point in fully cleaning a bike after each ride and agree with Grum that it can cause problems if you clean too much. The bike is going to get dirty again as soon as it goes out. Chain and fork/shock stanctions are what get a look in on my bikes after each ride.

What Grum said

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘how to get a nice clean bike..??’ is closed to new replies.