Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • How to cure a smelly G-Shock?
  • surazal
    Free Member

wearing it all the time including during sport probably doesn’t help… Tried soaking it in sterilising solution, scrubbing it with washing up liquid but it still smells. Short of sticking in the dishwasher (which even a G-Shock might not handle) what is the best way to clean it?

It’s giving Mrs S more ammunition in her quest to stop me wearing ‘that bloody children’s watch’, she hates it

grtdkad

I have left mine to soak in Bicarb on a few occassions (probably due again now actually) 😳

baldSpot
    Free Member

buy a new one? they cost about £70.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Answer 1 is the best option, answer 2 says it all about our throw away society. Do you know what £70 means to people struggling to bring their kids up on a piss poor wage?

johnnyc

mine goes into the washing machine with my dirty kit, seems to do the job.

baldSpot
    Free Member

Yes, i have an idea what £70 means on a piss poor wage – its crap.
    Thats why I studied hard and vowed that my family would never know this.

jools182
    Free Member

studying hard guarantees nothing

juiced
    Free Member

seconded. It can be hard for many.Good to see people looking to revive an old product rather than just buy a new one.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I never take mine off but never had an issue with it smelling.

minger 😉

trailertrash

aye. try a bath? 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Given their reputation, can’t you put it in the washing machine or nuke it from orbit? 🙂

dave_aber
    Free Member

I don’t see why it wouldn’t survive a dishwasher cycle.

Having said that, why are you wearing a ‘bloody children’s watch’.

Casio do G-Shocks for grown ups too you know.

Giez GS1100 D

Onzadog
    Free Member

I assume it has a fabric strap. Metal or plastic, I just scrub with anti bacterial soap and a nail brush. However, for fabric stuff, the new vanish hygiene seems to to a good job. Take the strap off, soak it in this stuff, then put in in and old sock and put it through the wash.

As a side note, I studies hard and I work hard but I’m not in a position to throw away seventy quid. Don’t think I would do it even if I was in that position!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How to cure a smelly G-Shock?’ is closed to new replies.