Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • How to best carry a pint of milk!
  • breatheeasy
    Free Member

Tend to take a pint of milk into work on a Monday for cuppas during the week. To cut a (boring) story short we're not getting a glass pint bottle delivered on Monday morning anymore so I need some suitable container so I can pour some milk outta the big plastic 2 litre bottle.

Obviously something reusable is sensible, and thus something I can clean easily too.

Some kind of stainless bottle like those Sigg ones would do the trick though not sure if I could clean it well enough with it having such a small neck.

Anything else anyone has seen/used? It'll just get chucked in the rucksack so I don't desperately need really rugged so plastic is still plausible, though it needs to be bike proof for the commute in.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sigg + get yourself a bottle brush.

One of these:

tron
    Free Member

Just buy a plastic pint bottle of milk every week. The only bottles that definitely won't leak in your bag are expensive, and you'll eventually not wash it out well enough, and it'll stink.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I do exaclt the same. I've got some screw cap plastic bottles that Mrs PP got me from work

Andituk
    Free Member

??

Get some sterilising fluid and clean it out every so often?

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Torminalis- not sure you'd get a whole pint in those unless she's feeding twins…

Torminalis
    Free Member

not my area of expertise I must confess.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

And can you imagine trying to bring it in like that every morning? Though if you stashed her in the back room with the twins it would probably work…but the further up keep of cake and cookies and nom noms to keep things going would not be cost effective I think…

Cougar

When camping, I use UHT skimmed milk. Lasts till it runs out even out of the fridge.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I know it objectifies women, but the young lady in that picture does appear to have very nice breasts. 😳

mrsgrips
    Free Member

To further look at things in objective manner her bra is too small…she needs a bigger cup size. 😉 🙂

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

mrsgrips – I believe the term for breasts 'spilling over' too small bra cups is 'poinking'.

steve-g
    Free Member

I have a plastic cup thing with a lid that has 4 clips and a rubber seal round it, I have tubs of the same design for my lunches. I think they came from tesco.

jon1973
    Free Member

When camping, I use UHT skimmed milk. Lasts till it runs out even out of the fridge.

That's only because it tastes the same when it's gone bad as it did when it was fresh. 😆

cranberry
    Free Member

I know it objectifies women, but the young lady in that picture does appear to have very nice breasts.

Perhaps, perhaps not – without that miracle of engineering/lingerie they may well be best placed to keep her knees warm.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

But back to the op -oh men of distraction- I would suggest a nalgene bottle with a wide mouth. Easy to clean and disinfect when the inevitable happens, but sturdy and backpack/bike friendly. Some even fit in bottle cages as you well know I'm sure.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I can dream cant I?

cranberry
    Free Member

But back to the op

what op?

br
    Free Member

Buy one near to work, in a plastic bottle?

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

either buy a 1 pint bottle or get a bottle with a screw top (either one that you can get water in…or splash out on a tupperware one 😛 )

speaker2animals

Bidon in the bottle cage to work. Wash thoroughly when empty. Every(other weekend) fill with baby bottle sterilising soln overnight. Job done.

gusamc
    Free Member

get a small flask, will insulate

uplink
    Free Member

When camping, I use UHT skimmed milk. Lasts till it runs out even out of the fridge

It's monkey's milk that stuff – fact

bassman
    Free Member

I second the small flask, cheepo easy clean and keeps contents cool/warm

mandog

more breast photo's please

fubar
    Free Member

A small plastic coke / pepsi bottle and a little funnel to assist the pouring ?

KonaTC

Am I missing something here

[img]http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Images/ExternalImages/ProductsDetailed/7/005307.jpg?ts=634061512320[/img]

milk comes in pint plastic pots

cranberry
    Free Member

Kona TC – I must admit I thought that I'd entered a strange parallel world where mily was not sold in handy, disposable, clean, safe plastic bottles.

Then someone posted a picture of breasts and I decided to go with the flow.

binners

Has work got a lawn?

Dan67
    Free Member

[smart arse] I would suggest using your hands to carry a pint of milk[/milk]

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

What's wrong with reusing a 500ml soft-drinks bottle, or similar?!

tron
    Free Member

Exactly. Assuming having an extra pint of milk in his 2l bottle at home won't cause the milk to go sour before it's all used, there is very little advantage to buying a special milk container.

The difference between a pint bought singularly and a pint bought as part of a large pack is perhaps 2 or 3 pence. Even assuming the guy works 50 weeks of the year and the difference is as large as 5 pence, he'll only have cost himself £1.50 over a year by just buying a pint bottle.

Any bottle with a reasonable chance of keeping the milk in will cost around a fiver, and the OP gives himself the job of decanting milk and washing the bottle regularly. And he has to buy a special STW sanctioned boutique bottle brush, to go with said bottle.

Can we have the OP sectioned?

john_drummer
    Free Member

some places even sell milk in half-pint (or 250ml) tetrapak cartons if 1 pint / 500ml is too much.

crikey
    Free Member

if you are going by bike, ride one handed and carry the milk in the udder.

igmc

TooTall
    Free Member

STW thread to solve a problem that doesn't exist shocker.

🙄

Cougar

That's only because it tastes the same when it's gone bad as it did when it was fresh.

Isn't that dog's milk?

bruneep

Kona TC – Member

Yup! the green one.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Get Trigger to carry it

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘How to best carry a pint of milk!’ is closed to new replies.