Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How steep are these road hills? (North York Moors content)
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Sutton Bank & Sneck Yate Bank. Either in % or 1 in (x)

Done both at some point or another but can’t remember what gradient. 😐

wors

sutton bank is abbout 25% in places iirc, not sure about the other.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure:

Snack yate (Boltby) is 20%

Sutton bank is 24%

scaredypants

sutton bank is pretty damned steep at points – 1 in 4 or 5 I’d guess

no idea about the other

RealMan
    Free Member

Try googling for elevation profiles. If they’re hard enough climbs, they’ll probably be on google. If they aren’t hard enough, you shouldn’t even be calling them hills. MTFU.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

IIRC Sutton bank is the steepest section of A road we have in the UK. Its shut at the mo so all the cars are getting diverted through my village.

scaredypants
    esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Try googling for elevation profiles. If they’re hard enough climbs, they’ll probably be on google. If they aren’t hard enough, you shouldn’t even be calling them hills. MTFU.

Read the OP, only properly this time, Brickbrain.

Thank you everyone else.

augustuswindsock

I think chimney bank out of rosedale is the steepest road climb in the uk iirc, same neck of the woods!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I think chimney bank out of rosedale is the steepest road climb in the uk iirc, same neck of the woods!

Yep its 33%

But I said A class roads,

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Done Chimney Bank as well. I’m doing this road ride on Sunday with my eldest lad, summink he fancied doing with me cos we never see each other wiv im livin daan Saaf. Organised by ‘Evans Cycles’ or something. Anyway, if it doesnt have Sutton, Sneck yate or the Chimney in, i’ll be surprised. I’ll be the one on a double ringed road bike, wearing baggies & sporting a Dakine Nomad.

mattsccm
    Free Member

I assume you have had a nose through “100 climbs” or what ever its called. Managed to get the missus to let me take the bike up north for the hols. Managed to tick all the routes in the book in that area. Bloody hell Rosedale is steep with zero warm up. Actually its steep with any warm up you like i suspect :lol:.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How steep are these road hills? (North York Moors content)’ is closed to new replies.