Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How should I train in the last few days before passportes?
  • big_scot_nanny

OK, so this is not a question for ultra endurance athletes, but for me as an (fatter than) average joe:

With 6 days to go, how should I train these last few days to get myself feeling as best I can for PPdS on Saturday.

This is only really related to Mon-Wed, as after that I am traveling to Chatel.

Normal weekday is 2hrs hard commuting on bike (1.5 there, .5 back), + 30 mins weights in the gym in the morning before work (been focussing on a new routine since march from gym staff, much more free weights and core work, feels good).

What should I do to give me the best possible boost on Saturday.

Do nothing this week except easy commute? Do hard Monday/Tuesday then leave it Wednesday?

I appreciate this may be a rather vague question without you knowing a lot more about me, and that what happens in the next three days will not define my physical capabilities on the day, but general advice greatly appreciated.

Ta muchly!

Kev

garrrrpirate
    Free Member
    cynic-al
    Free Member

Eat well, rest, light spins on the bike to keep your legs fresh.

None of it will make much difference tho, proper training would have occurred 2+ months ago.

tracknicko
    Free Member

You’ll be fine with or without ‘training’

Think we’ve done it 4 or 5 times now,

I’ve only ever done it on a dh bike.

Never been a problem, ergo training not required.

tracknicko
    Free Member

You’ll be fine with or without ‘training’

Think we’ve done it 4 or 5 times now,

I’ve only ever done it on a dh bike.

Never been a problem, ergo training not required.

big_scot_nanny

Cheers, I know that tapering is the thing, I just wondered about feeling as absolutely fabulous as possible on Saturday.

Hard work (ish) was started in earnest earlier this year with a change in commute and gym work, so hoping that will do me favours.

I have a brutal ride on Friday night (mud! too many muddy hills! We seemed to get it all wrong and ride up the muddy singletrack and down forest fireroad. doh!), so might just take it really easy this week.

Al, your advice may be spot on. Thanks.

big_scot_nanny

tracknicko – yes, not a 5 year vet, but did it last year. Just wanted to feel the most absolute tip top possible.

d45yth
    Free Member

You’re not going to be able to get any fitter from now til then. Go for an easy ride the day before if you’ve got time.
    Have a good weekend! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How should I train in the last few days before passportes?’ is closed to new replies.