Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • How short is too short: Bib shorts
  • SaxonRider

I bought a pair of bib shorts off eBay, and can’t remember the brand (they’re one of those many “no-name” brands), but they’re also very comfortable. The pad is in the right place, and over the course of a 3 hour ride, they just do the job.

The problem is, they’re a lot shorter than my other pairs. When I am on my bike, they must sit about six inches above my knee. I’m used to shorts being at least a few inches longer. It feels a bit like a miniskirt. 😯

Anyway, anything in the Rules about appropriate shorts length?

shermer75
    Free Member

Sounds fine to me!

myopic
    Free Member

POIDH

aracer
    Free Member

Probably, but who cares?

I may not be the best judge of these things as I several pairs of really short duathlon shorts I’ll happily ride in.

lunge

Most of mine are mid-thigh, I’m tall with long legs and genally have no choice. It’s fine, if anything it’s a bit retro which is a good thing, right?

chilled76
    Free Member

Needs pictures for us all to make an informed decision. It’s definitely not that I want to laugh at you.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Most of mine are mid-thigh, I’m tall with long legs and genally have no choice. It’s fine, if anything it’s a bit retro which is a good thing, right?

This. I’m 6’3 of leg, I think the only way I’d get bibs that went anywhere near my knees would be to buy bib longs and cut the bottom couple of inches off.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Amongst the women I cycle with, the length is definitely getting shorter.

mattbee

She’s still got pants on. Noob.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Noob for sure, she appears to have put two tins of ‘Happy Bottom Bum Butter’ down her shorts still in the tins

therealthing
    Free Member

She’s still got pants on. Noob.

Can you tell from that pic?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Got a link to those shorts OP? 🙂
    Being short of leg I prefer a shorter short. Lots of brands sit right on my knee which isn’t comfy and looks daft on me. 🙂

km79
    Free Member

When I am on my bike, they must sit about six inches above my knee. I’m used to shorts being at least a few inches longer. It feels a bit like a miniskirt.

[img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/466/626/c18.gif[/img]

JAG

I prefer shorter bibs too.

I recently bought some Dare2B shorts and they reach my knees and I find it very annoying 😆

CheesybeanZ

Looking at that picture I just want to shout Babooooon 😆

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I think you’ve bought women’s shorts. Unless you’re 7 foot tall.

redmist
    Free Member

I’ve got some Rapha shorts that came in regular or short length. Personally I much prefer the shorter length, so go with whatever is comfy

mcnultycop

What are they? I struggle with bibs being too long.

mrchrispy

my legs look **** ace so the shorted the better.
    😉

aracer
    Free Member

bikebouy is sfb and I claim my £5

bikebouy
    Free Member

Who da is sfb ?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘How short is too short: Bib shorts’ is closed to new replies.